PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of bodily sensations?

annonymity
20-07-11, 19:33
Hey, ive had a problem with bodily sensations more than 6 months now, at first when my anxeity was high I had problems eating etc, breathing globus hystericus, and I was generally very afraid, and in a state of high anxeity.

Now when I eat more, exercise more my anxiety levels have dropped enormusly, I no longer fear any of my bodily sensations and they also have decreased alot. A few months ago these symptoms crippled me and I was stuck in my own apartment for a very long time, but now I can go anywhere I want, and do whatever I want, and im very proud of myself. But that doesent change the fact that i _feel_ these sensations everyday no matter how much healthy food I eat no matter how much i exercise, and sometimes they are pretty horrific. But the diffirence now is that i can function normaly study,work etc while feeling them and not fearing them dosent make them less annoying, just a bit less horrible.

Im not taking any anxeity meds, and I havent been to my psychiatrist in a while, and she's on a vecation anyway, so I cant see her. but I dont feel like I need it now since im not as bad as I used to be, but sometimes I feel like a light anti deppresant would do the job.

anyway, a long time ago I was told to relax and do breathing exercises ive tryed some today, dosent seem to help at all, because im not in a state of panic im always calm these days and nothing seems to phase me except for being a little annoyed over these symptoms (globus hystericus, sometimes tight chest, tingling sensations, tightness in jaw/shoulders, sometimes feeling of being cold, tension headaches) these are all from my anxeity and all symptoms seem to have something to do with muscle tightness i seem to unconciously tighten my muscles up for no apparent reason........ i've tryed to ignore them but when they dont disappear i cant seem to help trying to do some research looking for the "ultimate cure" hehe, or trying new exercises I know a few exercises which helps but nothing that removes it for good. I read somewhere that people in high state of anxeity and gad feel bodily sensations everyday all day, am I just to accept this and feel these sensations everday for the rest of my life? maybe the cure lies there in fully accepting it and being prepared to live with it forever