PDA

View Full Version : back off hols,no meds needed!

Paddington
02-05-06, 11:42
hello every one,how are you all doin?thanks 4 all the replies to my 'going away' post.Hey Devon guy,we go there too,love the place!India,we went to tintagel,tho we travel all over the gaff.Where are you based?Any hoo mates what a success.The first time i have been away and not needed to take ANY MEDICATION!Not one valium has passed my lips since the hairdressers b4 i went!I had bad moments,eg,on a ferry crossing,getting hot and bothered on the beach[iended up crying,but hey thats ok aint it!]but i simply didn't go into a full blown panic,it's marvallous.Hey i'll make you all larf!First night there,i got up at 4 in mornin to go to loo,and fell down the stairs,top to bottom!!Bruised myself,and got carpet burn on my bum,and made such a noise falling,i woke the Americans in the downstairs flat:D:D:Dmy other half didn't even wake up:Dso limped around all week[:I]i so want to say thank you to nic and everyone on here.I was at the lowest ebb in my lifewhen i found this forum,and it has been life changing.The support is amazing and moving too.If some one had told me i would have a drug free holiday a few months ago,i 'd have shook my head and known that it was not possible!Well it is possible,for all of us,to get better.I will have bad days ,i know this,BUT it's not the end of the world or my life![Wow!]At last,i realise i can live with anxiety and panic,it is not the boss of me anymore[already feel scared to say that ,mad isn't it!feels like i'm tempting fate!]Any hoo,had lovely holiday,have boked to go back already,in september!Thanks everyone 4 your vibes and your concern and your support.loads of love Mary-Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Alexandra
02-05-06, 12:05
Hi Mary

WOW excellent news re your holiday with no meds.

So pleased to hear your success & that you really had a great time apart from the blip on ferry & the fall down the stairs (How many drinks did you have LOL) (Only kidding)

Great to hear you have booked again for Sept that is so good to hear as well.

Well Done Hun

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Spice
02-05-06, 13:44
Hi Mary,

Well Done :D
You should be really proud of yourself for coping without meds and having a really great time.
Your post brought a tear to my eye when you said that a few months ago you would never have thought this was possible and it gives me hope that I can succeed just like you have.
Take care

Love
Spice
x

Sometimes I give myself the creeps, Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me, It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up, Or am I just paranoid ..... Billie Joe Armstrong

giddy
02-05-06, 17:08
Brilliant news - well done
Love Helen

shiv
02-05-06, 17:29
Well done to you. You should be very proud of yourself

Shiv x

heths
02-05-06, 18:57
That's excellent :D well done

Take Care,

Heather

Coni
02-05-06, 19:31
Well done Mary Rose! Glad to hear you had such a good time. Your post is an inspiration.

Coni X

india
02-05-06, 19:37
Hey there! WELL DONE YOU!!! I'm so glad you had a good time without any probs, (well apart from the stairs incident!!!) I live at Duporth next to Charlestown in St Austell.

Your story has really made me feel better as i fly to Cyprus in 3 weeks, and am having all the usual worries. Not sure i'll be able to be as brave as you with no meds tho! Think i'm gonna need an extra suitcase for all my beta blockers!!

Well Done, Love India xxx

Paddington
02-05-06, 21:52
hey thanks you guys!I do believe we can all do this kind of huge moving on,i really do ,as it has happened to me!!Hey India,i know where you are been there loads over the years.i was always scared of the big ships,well NOT ANY MORE!I am glad if this trip of mine helps others with holidays planned or dreamed of,iam stillon cloud nine!!love Mary-Rose.xxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Karen
02-05-06, 22:01
Well done Mary Rose.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

panicdiva
05-05-06, 20:53
Fantastic Mary Rose - you & Dark Angel are both an inspiration to me. I am so happy for you - WELL DONE!!!

darkangel
06-05-06, 11:42
Hi mary rose

Isnt it amazing what we can acheive. A huge well done to you. This site really is an inspiration and just knowing that people who know what we are going through are supporting and encouraging us to face our fears makes it that little bit easier.

Bet you feel on cloud nine - A BIG WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

nomorepanic
06-05-06, 18:29
Mary Rose

Fab news and a huge well done for coping. Sounds like you had a few bumps and bruises there!

I am so pleased you went and coped.

Nicola