PDA

View Full Version : Adams Apple feel like

hezza19
20-07-11, 23:50
Hi what should my adams apple feel like, I know it sounds stupid but I've been worrying about it recently, its like when I put my finger on it I can feel it but one side is a bit bigger than the other.
Should it stick out and be able to feel it by touch
I also suffer from nasal congestion and feels like spit in back of my throat a bit been to the doctor and prescribed nasal spray which helped. (This doesn't happen all day just random times)

ItchyOne
21-07-11, 05:18
The left side of my adam's apple feels bigger too. I'm sure yours is as normal as mine. :) Don't worry.

Anxious_gal
21-07-11, 07:33
Mine feels like that also, have a teeny hard lump too which I wondered was a tyroid nodual , but had a tyroid test a few months ago

hezza19
21-07-11, 08:52
Ok thank you seems my right side is more out than my left lol

hezza19
30-07-11, 13:27
Sorry to bump this but I am still worrying, how is the larnygeal prominence meant to feel, i feel the left side its normal but when I move over to the right its like a bump then a bone going down is this normal

orangeambience
05-08-11, 12:50
Sorry to bump this but I am still worrying, how is the larnygeal prominence meant to feel, i feel the left side its normal but when I move over to the right its like a bump then a bone going down is this normal

Dude i have the exact same thing on the left it feels like just flat cartilage and then as i move over to the right it like solid bone protruding slightly up and out more than the right and the bone thing going straight down underneath. not sure whether this is normal though its never caused me any particular problems i can think of. just gets me paranoid i guess.

Fly away Katie
05-08-11, 14:28
Don't worry, nobody is symmetrical :) it will be just fine xxx