PDA

View Full Version : Beta Blockers and low BP

kellynwv
02-05-06, 14:12
Hi, I have been on Toprol xl 25 mg for about 5 months and it really has helped my heart rate and PVC's. About 3 weeks ago I started getting so tired. About two hours after I take my pill is the worse. I started getting dizzy when I would be on the floor and get up. I checked my blood pressure last night and it was 88/56. I freaked out! I called my doctor and she said I need to check it from sitting to standing position and see how much it is dropping and to start cutting my medicine in half.

I am so nervous I have studied online over and over making sure it is ok to cut the medicine in half. I am also excited because I am hoping the dizzy and tiredness go away, once I cut the medicine down. Then I worry my rapid heart rate will come back.

I guess I just need reassurance.

Thanks.

kellynwv
02-05-06, 16:15
I am feeling better now. I called my pharmacy and they said it was fine to cut the pill in half.

Also, I got in with my physic tomorrow!

kellynwv
02-05-06, 20:46
Well I just took my first half, and all I can think is am I going to pass out or die? Did I cut it right, maybe the doctors are wrong and I can not handle taking just a half.