PDA

View Full Version : Forgot my appointment arrgghh

Cat80
21-07-11, 12:38
I have 3 days of Sertraline left and was due for a medication review yesterday, just remembered it now. As it was for a review I can't get a repeat prescription which means I will be without Sertraline for 3 days until I can get an appointment next Wednesday. Told the receptionist this and she said I can't get any tablets till I have seen a Dr and tha I would be ok if I missed 3. So worried, don't know what to do. Have asked her if a Dr will call back and do the review over the phone so I can get some tablets and she says she will ask but they don't usually do that.

Will I be ok? Or should I maybe break my 50mg in half to make them last till next week?

Tyke
25-07-11, 04:54
Hi Cat

I think I would try and push it to get a response from a doctor. I don't think the receptionist should be telling you it's okay to miss three out - you need to take them consistently unless the doctor wants you off them. 50mg is a low dose but you can still have side effects coming off them and a three day gap might give you unnecessary problems if you are to continue taking them.

Tyke

Cat80
25-07-11, 12:54
Thanks Tyke. I managed to get an appointment Friday morning so am ok thankfully. Dr wants me to stay on them but if I am still feeling tired in a month to go back as that shouldn't be so bad 3 months in