PDA

View Full Version : Worst week of my life

bluebirds2005
05-04-04, 21:23
it all started last tuesday when my partner decided she couldnt handle my mood swings and depression anymore and left me and took the children.Well i did a selfish thing and took a load of tablets and waited to die luckily my dad found me uncouncious and after a week in hospital im ok but i feel so lost without my partner and she,ll bareley speak to me she says she doesnt understand what im going through and its to hard for her to cope.H er family have started to speak to me again and theyve been really supportive and say give her time and she,ll come around but she wants to move to get rid of all the bad memories of our house so ive had to sign over my side of the house so she can move. They say is the only way she can be happy is if she moves so ive given up my home for her happieness i just hope she,ll appreciate the sacrifice ive made.I feel really hurt at the moment but i just hope that in time she,ll realise what im going through and that suffering with depression is an illness and not just an excuess to be lazy.

gareth

Brownie
05-04-04, 21:49
Hi Gareth,

Im am so sorry to hear about what has happened to you. I as well go through horrible bouts of depression and it is so hard for people to understand why you just cant get up out of bed and be happy all the time. But taking those tablets isnt an answer to anything in the end you'll be hurting everyone around you as well as missing out on the wonderful life you will live. Depression doesnt have to rule your life unless you let it ( easier said then done i know) But take some control over your life and start trying to battle it. Your partner may just need some time alone. We can drive our partners crazy sometimes lol. Make this something to wake up every morning for try to get in touch with her and explain how you feel as best as you can. Give her the address to this site and ask her to have a look. And maybe she will understand. Just dont sit around and wait for her to come back to you......go to her. Im probly just writing too much and i doubt this post will help but I know what your going through and i also know we can all get through it if we fight it. Good luck Gareth. Please post back!

-Christie[:I]

bluebirds2005
05-04-04, 22:11
at this moment in time i cant contact her coz shes threatend me with a restraining order i just cant beleive that ive caused her this much upset at this moment in time she hates me to much to talk to me and she didnt even ring the hospital to find out how i was

gareth

brill
05-04-04, 23:50
Hi gereth I,m sorry I can,t really offer you any advice but what I can offer you is an ear to listen if you really need it

I have been in your position not with the leaving of a loved one but at the point of death that you were at.And all I can say is I am so sorry to hear about your problem mate.

I have found that the only thing that has helped me in my time of need is a verse from the bible.(I am not a bible basher but it helps me in my time of need )It is Psalms 30 verse 5

It goes
For his anger endureth but a moment;in his favor is life;weeping may endure for a night,but joy cometh in the morning
It helps me Gareth I hope in some small way it helps you to
Anyway mate keep well Brill.

Never give up
Never give in
Life,s to short
Make it last :)
Brill

kate
06-04-04, 09:27
Hiya Gareth,

Sorry I can't offer you any advice, but just wanted to say that we are all here for you.

Brill, what a lovely verse. Thanks for that.

Kate x

Meg
06-04-04, 10:39
Hi Gareth,

I'm so sorry you felt so low and desolate.

I hope that you are getting a good amount of active help and support now and know that you can cope and grow without her.

Depression and anxiety are so badly understood by others and sometimes that is the worst thing to cope with.

Take good care.

Meg

silentcalligraph
06-04-04, 13:39
Gareth

My boyfriend dumped me last year when my panic and depression resurfaced. He had known about the problems prior to our relationship and had assured me he could handle those things if need be - turned out he couldn't. We were not married and there are no kids involved, so I've experienced only a hint of the pain you must be going through right now. I can only repeat what others said, take good care of yourself, accept all the help offered to you and don't lose hope.

bluebirds2005
06-04-04, 14:55
thanx guys it means alot to know that there are people out there who care i really appreciate it but i still hope that once mypartners had time she will realise thats shes made a mistake and then we can try and patch things up but until then i have to start rebuilding my life slowly

gareth

brill
06-04-04, 15:18
Gareth good luck mate and I think I speek for everybody when I say we are all hear for you mate.I really really really hope it works out the way you want it to.

Brill. :) :) :)

Never give up
Never give in
Life,s to short
Brill

april tones
07-04-04, 08:26
hi gareth, as every one says we are all here for you. I have suffered depression and now post natal depression and anxiety. But luckily my partner understands, i tell him all my crazy thoughts etc. I would go mad if i couldnt talk to hiM.have you been to doctors? have you thought about councelling? what do you thing triggered it? april

apriltones

uryjm
07-04-04, 22:15
Gareth
It was cruel for someone to blame your illness as a reason for leaving, and trying to deal with it without support, or even a promise of it, is a bleak outlook. So keep coming here and posting, where you'll find people who can and do understand what you're feeling (even if, like me, we're not very good at solving other people's problems.) Good luck.

Jim

nomorepanic
08-04-04, 18:24
Gareth

When I was at my worst my partner left me (we were not married and had no kids - so it wasn't as bad as it is for you). I was devastated and sank even further into depression cos I was left alone. Worse still I had to see him every day at work and he started seeing someone new after we split so I suspect he was already seeing her!

It will take you time to rebuild your life and cope with the pain and hurt. We all know how you feel as I bet most of us have been there.

Keep your chin up and come and see us again in Chat and we will try to cheer you up a little.

Take care

xx

Nicola

brill
10-04-04, 00:41
Hi gareth just want to see if you are ok mate :)

just post to let us know :)

Brill.

Never give up
Never give in
Life,s to short
Brill