PDA

View Full Version : Dam...............................

Piscian Daydreamer
02-05-06, 15:02
Hi everyone, me again. I'm so sorry to keep flooding you with my 'crush' problem, but when i get home, this message board is the only comfort i have.

I went to uni again today, saw Emma, the girl i like. However, today i didnt even speak one single word to her. Not really my fault, i sat at the very back of the lecture hall with my mates, she sat at the front, soon as the lecture had finished, she had gone.
Its almost the story of my life, the chances for interaction are just so weak,,,, its so depressing......... i just can't get a chance to get close to her, talk to her, and ask her out - it seems IMPOSSIBLE.

So because ive gone another valuable day without even reminding this girl i exist, IVE COME HOME FEELING absolutely awful. Its todays like today when i dont even get a word off her that i feel so insecure, like i am totally wasting my time, nothing will ever happen, i wont get a chance... PURE EMPTINESS.

Now, ive got a lecture with her thursday and i will see her to talk to this time, but i just can't try it on or ask her out because i'm always so shrouded with my mates.... i just dojnt have any freedom to aproach her and ask her out, my mate josh will always be by my side, in truth, i think he might like her as well........... it feels so cringeworthy.

Man, i don't even have the confidence to ask her out now because i feel she doesnt know me well enough, but i cant get her to know me better because i just dont ever get a proper chance to talk to her alone!

Words of comfort much appreciated, please, off anyone.

Thanks

MB

Miss Pink
02-05-06, 16:52
Hiya,

You've got to make a REAL effort to talk to her - if your mates are always around then its best to tell them about your crush, then they will understand if you say "see you later" at the end of lectures and head towards the girl !

Sounds like you haven't told your friend Josh about it, so DO !!! It will help, even if its just someone to offload to, plus if he does like her, at least you've also told him how you feel so you can avoid him perhaps making a move of his own if he got the chance [Oops!]!

Don't get down, just get determined - tell your frinds before Thursday about your crush on her and that you're going to talk to her Thursday - then do it - don't let her leave without asking her out for a drink or something. You could always say it is a group of friends going out for a drink if you want to make it more informal?

You'll never know if you don't try - and if its a yes - thats great and if its a no - you at least tried so can be happy with yourself for trying !

Hope this helps

Let me know how you get on (I'll have my fingers crossed !!)

Take Care

‹(•¿•)› Rachael xx ‹(•¿•)›

shiv
02-05-06, 17:18
Oh bless you. I've been following this intently for the last week or so and my heart goes out to you. I think we've all been through this at some point in our lives.

The thing is, the only way you're going to resolve this one way or another is by biting the bullet, stop making excuses and go and TALK TO THE GIRL!!!!! I've heard it said by old people that they don't so much regret the things that they HAVE done, but more, the thing they DIDN'T do!

Don't let this be one of those regrets. You sound like such a sweet guy and I think Rachael's right: ask her if she wants to come out in a group and that way you don't need to let on how you feel until you've had a couple of shandies together and you get an idea of how SHE feels too.

I know this is difficult, particularly for us people on here, because nervousness is the precise reason most of us are here, but I would say GO FOR IT!!!! and do please let us know what happened.

Shiv x

marie ross
02-05-06, 17:46
Hiya, I think you should go for it, if a boy liked me for ages and asked me out for a drink (does'nt matter if its a group of you, might even make it easier for you, no awkward silences!!!) i would be sooooooo flattered. What have you got to loose. Go boy!!!!!