PDA

View Full Version : CITALOPRAM 20MG

vpsraj
02-05-06, 15:21
I have started using cita 20mg i felt sleepy hole day.can u tell me the impact of CITALOPRAM 20 mg.When i will back to work.kindly help me to come out of worries in my life.

raj

essexpete
25-05-06, 19:41
done nothing for me raj-made my shakes 10xworse and gave me chronic muscle tension.came off em after 3 days couldnt hack em-women can apparantley tolerate these kind of meds better with fewer side effects-dont ask me y!
ask your gp for summin else a tranx if ur only in need of a short term fix to get back to work.

hj
03-06-06, 15:09
I am on 20mg citalopram - just finished 3rd week. First week felt sick and had upset stomach with them - also felt weird, lack of concentration did lots of silly things and kept forgetting stuff. I started taking at night time about an hour or so before bed and sickness has passed or i am sleeping through it. Not sure how good they are - still feel anxious but not as intensely as before - will wait and see...early side effects have passed - took about a week

desi322
04-06-06, 04:47
hi i have been taking citalopram for nearly 6 months. have been told by a few gps they take at least 6 weeks to work properly. don't chuck in the towel yet give them a go and see. they helped me a great deal. desi

Gibbles
06-06-06, 12:10
Ive been on Citalopram 20mg since October '05......

I have all sorts of side effects...still

*Lack of concentration
*Blurred vision
*Im much more forgetful
*Im more dosey/Dopey "Oh you're not with it today" kinda comments
*Weight gain, approx 18 lbs
*Very severe lethargy, I'm always tired
*Lack of motivation

I'm going to try coming off them soon as a result..........[B)]

groovygranny
01-08-06, 18:25
I was on Citalopram 40mg x 3 daily for about 5months. First 3 weeks were the worst of my life, but then ..... relief! Don't know if it has anything to do with being female, but they worked for me and I managed to come off them with no difficulty...2 daily for a week then stopped! I think they probably can take a few weeks to work so try not to give up just yet.
Hope this helps
xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'