PDA

View Full Version : citalopram day 6 - thinking of stopping

lmb_nj
21-07-11, 20:54
I'm seriously thinking of stopping this medication. I just can't believe the servere panic attacks I am having soon as I wake up are anything but a side effect. it's too much. I've called two therapists and waiting to get a return call. perhaps I can manage through therapy. I'm confused and my dr hasn't called back. I have a list of questions and statements ready on how I'm feeling. but this is not right. i'm so discouraged.

lmb_nj
21-07-11, 23:26
ok, not going to stop taking. talked to my doctor and got my questions answered. I am over-reacting on thinking the panic attacks (and my thinking I had seratonin syndrome) are truly caused by 5 mg of citalopram. He did believe 10 mg at the moment was too much based on my experience two days ago. He also felt I wasn't using the Xanax I was prescribed enough to be effective. I was only taking 1 tablet of .25 mg. So when I wake up, if I have panic I should take at least 2 of them. This way I get calm enough to work on "distraction" and getting on with my life. we will reassess tomorrow at 12:30. I like to have set times. it helps - not a go with the flow person at the momenet.

also talked to a neighbor/friend who was in my position. he knows how it is and new 6 days was not enough for the citalopram to really work. he was also on xanax for a bit just enough to get the anxiety down to a minimum while it took time for the cit to do it's job.

I over-reacted all day. what a waste. not that I'm not anxious right now, but calmer and feeling I can start again with a new game plan.

just writing this so if other see this note and think they should stop, above is my experience and perhaps it will help.

no_name
22-07-11, 08:34
I've had such experience with the morning panic attacks too, i just woke up and was hit by a PA, i was feeling like i'm gonna explode! I was taking xanax too, it really helped with such situations, very good medicine but it is addictive and should not be taken for a long time (more than 5-6 weeks).