PDA

View Full Version : how to just get through this?

lmb_nj
21-07-11, 21:48
I feel I need to get a grip on things and I can't. I'm reaching out to people on this forum and I hope that's ok, but it shouldn't be the only thing I'm doing. I'm sorry for just posting ramdomly, but I'm searching for solutions. People are giving excellent advice and I'm reading posts trying to find what I need, but I can't (or don't "see" it). I know I have to do this for myself, but knowing and doing are two different things. I'm waiting for my doctor to call, I'm waiting for a therapist to call me back so I can set up an appointment, I'm waiting....

Talked to family members, and they can't really help as they don't know what it's like. They are sympathetic, but then they have their own lives to deal with.

long post but needed to get something out there.

blueangel
21-07-11, 22:44
Difficult one, this. The best thing I can suggest is to do something (anything!) that means that you're not focussing on yourself and your owb problems. I've found that this is a real classic symptom of anxiety; we become self-obsessed and nothing else seems to matter except the contents of our own heads.

lmb_nj
21-07-11, 23:18
thanks for your note. will refocus on something now. I talked to doctor and got my questions answered (which were cause much stress/anxiety). Friends stopped by to check on me. I know I have good support so I need to stop wallowing in my own state of paralysis and get going! sometimes is just minunte by minute not day by day.