PDA

View Full Version : Best Anti depressant, with less side effects?

kellynwv
02-05-06, 16:02
I am really considering going on something. But I am going to have some say so in what my doctor prescribes me.

I do not want to gain weight (I just los 34 pounds) and also am worried about the sexual side effects, but can live with that.

I seen Zoloft seems to be the closes thing to what I am looking for.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

vernon
02-05-06, 17:33
Hi Kelly, I was the same and done a lot of asking about before I started on an antidepressant and the best reports I got from sites and people on this site that used them was Cipralex (escitalopram), I think its quite a new medication and people I know have come off it again without many problems. I have been on this now 20mg for about 8 months and havnt had any bad side effects. It also hasnt any side effects when using with other medications like a lot of ssri's. This med has its own website too if you want a look, http://www.cipralex.com/cipralex.asp?showform=Login&bhcp=1 hope you find this some help. take care, vernon

kellynwv
04-05-06, 15:56
Thanks Vernon!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys.. having a good day woooooooo

KatiePie
04-05-06, 23:31
Hi Kelly

I've been on Sertraline (Zoloft) a couple of times and have found it suited me well. Coming off it was ok as I did it gradually - I'm actually coming off it again at the moment. I was prescribed it for depression/anxiety - I had got to the point where I really couldn't function any longer and thought that I was going mad. The panic was so bad that I couldn't sleep properly and would wake up in the night shaking and desperate.

Anyway, I was very anti-medication prior to taking Sertraline but I found that it gave me the space to sort things out and didn't change my personality at all. I felt completely 'me' still, just calmer.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

KatiePie

kellynwv
05-06-06, 22:24
Hi,

I decided to try Zoloft (Sertraline) and i Have been on it 3 days and already feel better!