PDA

View Full Version : lymphoma

johnboyd
21-07-11, 23:40
for the past two weeks i have had pain and soreness in both my armpits. The right one is worse. I went to my doctor and he checked for swollen lymph nodes but said there is no Lump. He sent me for an CBC blood test which was normal. What could this be? I'm very worried about having lymphoma but i heard most the time lymphoma causes swollen lymph nodes that are not painful. Any ideas? Im 21 male, its really making me worried
i also read that lymphoma sometimes causes itchiness, i feel itchy more often lately.

sophiethestar
21-07-11, 23:48
If the Doctor can't feel any lumps then you're lymph nodes aren't swollen. The pain can be caused by many things- lymph nodes aren't the only things we have in and around our armpits- there's muscles and bones and skin and tissue and all sorts of bits and pieces. Maybe you've pulled a few muscles or something. It's quite easy to do so without noticing. You're probably feeling more itchy because you've read about itchiness online. If you had Lymphoma it would be a very deep all-over-body extremely itchy itch that wouldn't go away when you scratch it and you wouldn't be able to sleep with it or anything. I have health anxiety too and a few months back I had a Lymphoma scare too and I still get worried about it every-so-often. But it doesn't sound like you have Lymphoma at all. :)

johnboyd
21-07-11, 23:52
If the Doctor can't feel any lumps then you're lymph nodes aren't swollen. The pain can be caused by many things- lymph nodes aren't the only things we have in and around our armpits- there's muscles and bones and skin and tissue and all sorts of bits and pieces. Maybe you've pulled a few muscles or something. It's quite easy to do so without noticing. You're probably feeling more itchy because you've read about itchiness online. If you had Lymphoma it would be a very deep all-over-body extremely itchy itch that wouldn't go away when you scratch it and you wouldn't be able to sleep with it or anything. I have health anxiety too and a few months back I had a Lymphoma scare too and I still get worried about it every-so-often. But it doesn't sound like you have Lymphoma at all. :)
thanks for replying back sophie, that makes me feel better
i thought about it being the muscle but both my armpits muscle getting sore at the same is weird. I don't go to the Gym or anything so i dont know. I read that not always lymph nodes get swollen when someone has lymphoma. Sometimes a painful lymph node can also indicate lymphoma.

sophiethestar
22-07-11, 00:01
I've read that too, but I think that is the main problem- we read into stuff too much. Try stop reading online. It will only frustrate and upset you further. Reading medical sites made my health anxiety the worst it could be. I've only begun to overcome it by banning myself from Googling symptoms and reading online.

Your muscles can become pulled from simple things, not always exercise. I remember when I had painful armpits it was probably by putting my arms over the back of the chair and it pulled on the muscles a little bit.

:)