PDA

View Full Version : Am I giving myself these symptoms?

SaraBee
22-07-11, 04:04
Hello all,
I'm new here. I have struggled the past 3 months, in constant fear of a brain tumor. Bad tension headaches, and buzzing in my hands and fingers, jaw/neck pain, burning ears. I know what the headaches were from but I can't get over the buzzing, I'm on citalopram (day 10) and I do feel like the buzzing is going away but VERY slowly. I went to the doctor today and had him do blood work and check my glands and all that jazz and it was normal. Still freaked out. How do I get this buzzing to go away?

paula lynne
22-07-11, 09:06
Hi Sara nice to know you.x
The buzzing effects a lot of people. I get terrible buzzing, like a low pitched "hum" on both hands and feet. Its better at times than others. I think the trick is to assure yourself its not dangerous, and try and pay it less attention even though its really annoying. It certainly could be a side effect of the meds, in which case it should improve with time. I think if it continues for another 2 months, you could ask your doc for nerve conduction tests to rule out anything else. I hope you feel better soon Sara. x