PDA

View Full Version : talking to my boss in a few minutes...

lmb_nj
22-07-11, 18:30
so my boss wants a touch base on how I'm doing as I took this week off due to my panic and anxiety. he seems to be understanding. lets see if true. it's 1:30 on my clock now. phone should ring soon.
wish me luck.

lmb_nj
22-07-11, 19:39
Ok, did it! 20 minutes are so conversation. I did well to keep myself calm and state what has been going on without getting into detail - he's not a therapist! :)

He was very understanding at least that is my impression and I feel it's true. feel relieved on a number of points we talked about regarding being away, who he told (our ultimate boss and Human Resources of course). The corporation I work for has all these benefits around this type of stuff so you are allowed to take advantage of them, but it all also depends on how your boss is in treating you when you do use the resources. I was grateful for his understanding - which I felt was sincere. A relief.

Plan to go back to work on Monday - may not be right first thing in the morning, but he was fine with that.

Right now I feel I can do it - go back to work! fingers crossed I can.

shaka
22-07-11, 19:55
Well done, good luck and best wishes for monday:flowers:

Ingenious
22-07-11, 21:46
Well done, it has to be one of the most terrifying things having to speak to your boss when you're off with this type of thing. It's ironic that we take time off work to get better, but for a lot of us being off work contributes to the worry. Worry about going back, worry about leaving your colleagues struggling, worry about loss of income, we can't win really! :)

lmb_nj
22-07-11, 22:42
Exactly! Besides he is relatively new to this role (although long time employee form another locatrion, so has no real history with me, perhaps a month or so.

I was so worried what to say and of course didn't want to say too much. Now it's over with for now. On Sunday night I will be quite anxious about all of this. Actually maybe not as I am ususally calm at night. Monday will be the interesting day.

thanks all for your support!