PDA

View Full Version : Off Day!

carefree68
22-07-11, 19:54
I've had a good couple of days but think im having an off day...not sure why...possibly worrying about my holiday, not sure.

felt nausea all day head pounding dizzy dips burning tongue and muscle spasms. wierd!

The thing is Im really looking forward to my hols can't wait for the pressures of routine to be behind me and to just go with the flow so why this and why now?

lmb_nj
22-07-11, 20:02
I can relate. I know for me the anticipation of something in the future - even something good like a vacation, causes me distresss. It's like I want to do the fun thing but there's an element of the unknown and the comfort of where I am now - even if not comfortable I know what it is. Change sometimes is scary even it's for the a fun thing.

Also, I feel if I have something unresolved with work or obligations before I go, I feel guilty about leaving them behind. I like closure.

For me I just think the job place isn't oginkg to go under, people aren't going to stop there lives, the world isn't going to stop because I didn't get something done or took care of something I should have. It's hard and I usually need someone to remind me a few times.

When I start to worry like that I make a tiny list of things to do. So basic that I can "easily" do them and I feel accomplished and it takes away about 10 minutes of the anxiety.

carefree68
22-07-11, 20:18
Thanks Lisa, nice to know Im not the only one.

Lisa