PDA

View Full Version : It's all getting too much

lizzie29
22-07-11, 20:16
I've been so up and down the past couple of weeks and tonight I feel really down, as well as anxious. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to and very alone (even though I'm not).
I'm going on holiday on Friday which is really stressing me out as I find it hard being away from home. I know all the stuff I need to do, like take things to keep me occupied, but it's coping with it now that is difficult. I feel so, so sad, and don't know what to do to feel better. I don't really know what I'm sad about (a couple of things have happened but in the past they wouldn't have affected me like this) but it's horrible. I think I feel sad about feeling sad, if that makes sense!
I've been to the doctor twice recently and he wants me to wait a couple of weeks to see if my mood lifts before doing anything. I'm currently on 20mg citalopram which was helping lots but now doesn't seem to be. I've also been given 10mg propranolo to take if my anxiety gets worse.

I just feel like I can't see a way forward, and I know there are no quick answers, but I just need to let this out.

Thanks for reading. x

snowgoose
22-07-11, 21:04
HI lizzie:)

so sorry you feel so low .........it is hard to see the light when everything seems so hopeless . But it is there .
and you are not alone .oh no ........you have us and we all know how desolate it seems at the moment . have a big hug :bighug1:

just let it all be for the moment .....no pressure to enjoy the holiday or act as if you are . a change of scenery and routine could be just the help you need.
Good walks ...........nice food to tempt you ..........a bit distraction maybe in the scenery.
YOU are your safe place love .............just take each day gently .

perhaps best you dont up your meds while away........but can see your doc on return .
take care xx

lizzie29
22-07-11, 21:34
Hi snowgoose

Thanks for your lovely reply and understanding. And the hug :)

Hoping I wake up tomorrow feeling a bit better.

Thanks again for your support. xxx

Eva May
23-07-11, 20:41
Hi Lizzie I'm feeling exactly the same right now. I think I'm starting to get genuinely depressed. I have nothing to look forward to, not even a holiday because my panic attacks get too strong and I won't even try it. I can't stop crying and feeling sorry for myself and my friends don't even seem to be available for me whatsoever. Think my boyfriend even wants space away from me and all I want is to spend time with him because that's when I feel most happy and secure. I'm sorry I don't have any answers either just feel constantly crappy :weep:

Eva May
23-07-11, 20:42
HI lizzie:)
YOU are your safe place love .............just take each day gently .

I love that but don't know how to believe it

lizzie29
23-07-11, 22:28
Hi Eva May

Sorry to hear you're struggling too. Please PM me if you need someone to talk to.

Really hope we both get there soon. Have you mentioned it to your doctor?

Roj_V
23-07-11, 22:49
Hi Lizzie, Hi Eva May,
Just been reading your tales, and I am so sorry to hear how you both feel. I am going through something similar at the moment. It is so difficult. I am trying to think positive thoughts at the moment, and turning all my negative thoughts around. It is easier said than done. If either of you want to chat, please message me, or reply to this thread.

Take care guys.

Roj xx

lizzie29
23-07-11, 23:12
Hi Roj

Thanks for your message. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time too, just read your post explaining everytihng.

Not sure how true it is, but apparently there are more people with lower moods at the moment and it's due to the constantly changing weather. Could be true, who knows!

And it's definitely easier said than done to change your thoughts. It's all so simple when you're thinking logically and rationally, but different when you're mid-depression or anxiety.

Anyway, the offer also applies to you to pm if you need to :)