PDA

View Full Version : I must be so selfish

dizzydaisy
22-07-11, 20:54
My sister has had a swelling in her nose for ten months, after many tests they told her on wednesday that she has cancer. Im very worried for her and upset, but its sent my HA sky high, how at a time like this can I be worried about myself:weep:. I feel so utterley selfish. I feel guilty even thinking of my senseless anxieties but my brain is just in over drive now. Every little pain, ache, spot cough is cancer. I dont know how to cope with this. My best friend died of liver cancer eight years ago, it broke my heart to see her but again I worried for myself, I feel so mean.

paula lynne
23-07-11, 00:07
Hi Dizzy, Im very sorry about your sisters diagnosis. My dad had a cancerous growth removed from his nose several monthes ago, and apart from a little scar, has fully recovered. This is entirely possible with your sister too.
I know its very difficult not to fear the worst. Just saying the word cancer, or thinking it, is enough for an rational person feel terrified, never mind someone whos HA is out of control.

All I can say is you are not being selfish. This is the fear of losing your sister manifesting in you as HA. You are not mean. Please talk to a friend/doctor/and especially your sister about your feelings and fears, opening up and being honest, and sometimes breaking down, can be so helpful. You are not selfish. You love her. Talk it through. I hope you feel better very soon. xxx

Davinci817
23-07-11, 00:18
I'm so sorry your sister has to deal with this. You aren't being selfish it is just part of the HA.

My girlfriends mother just passed a week ago from stomach cancer. I really tried to focus all of my energy on my friend and her mother because it didn't feel right worrying about myself. Think what you are feeling is normal.

rosi
23-07-11, 07:12
An internet friend of mine had a tumour in her nose and after treatment she is fine. Its natural to feel anxious at a time like this. Instead of feeling guilty and letting it win, fight back, it does not control you, you control it.