PDA

View Full Version : hi im new to no more panic

margy1982
22-07-11, 21:18
hi there my name is margy, im new to all this, but i suffer very much with health anxiety, i have panic/anxiety attacks pretty much everyday, some days there not that bad, and then on another day it can come on me bad. My anxiety is about my kidneys, i was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease about 2 and a half years ago, i am getting better now, but still think the worse when i get a pain in my back, or if i see something on tv and think i have them symptoms i just go into panic mode.

Does anyone else on here suffer with such panic and anxiety as much as me.:)

Davinci817
23-07-11, 00:22
You have come to the right place. Everyone here has probably felt like you do. Maybe mute drug commercials or avoid watching medical shows and especially the news! Nothing but bad stuff on the news, no wonder out society is full of anxiety.

ItchyOne
23-07-11, 05:55
Ever since I know I have health anxiety, I stopped watching House... Which sucks, coz I used to like that show very much.

lauraebowes
23-07-11, 06:29
welcome margy 1982!! dnt r not worry your not alone, i cant watch any medical tv programme becuase i end up with everything!! hope your better soon x

margy1982
23-07-11, 12:23
Thank you everyone for you reply's, i used to love watching medical programmes, but know i can't bring myself to watch any. Does anyone have any way of dealing with there anxiety when it comes on. Any suggestions? :)

nikita
23-07-11, 12:28
Hi and welcome and don't watch the medical programs if they freak you out. I often change the channel when something comes on that I know will worry me or skip articles in magazines. I don't need reminders to worry!

margy1982
23-07-11, 14:19
Does anyone think it's stupid to keep a diary. it's like when i feel anxious i write my feelings down?

nikita
23-07-11, 14:30
Its a great idea

sandy40
23-07-11, 14:48
Hi Margy and welcome,i dont watch anything even a soap if theres a storyline about a certain illness as i think its a sign,i also hate seeing adverts in mags/on the side of vans/buses about serious illnesses as i think someone trying ot tell me something..bet you think im crazy but i cant help it,my Health Anxiety started a year ago,its wasted so far a year of my life and i cant see a way of ever getting better..but this is a good caring site.x

margy1982
23-07-11, 15:40
Thanks nikita and sandy40 for your reply's, they are helpful. And sandy i do think keeping a diary will help you alot, maybe you should try it, just write down your thoughts when your having a panic/anxiety attack. And then when your writing down your thoughts and what you are feeling, it takes your mind of the anxiety and panic, and it does go away, i do it all the time, and sometimes it does help me. I went to a counseller because i have anxiety, and she said it was a good idea to keep a diary. :)