PDA

View Full Version : You have always been in control.

cymraig_chris
22-07-11, 23:07
Post removed by author

paula lynne
22-07-11, 23:39
Thanks Chris for taking the time to share your story. I agree, we need to stop fighting it, trying.......caring about anxiety. A profound piece of writing, which I nominate for a sticky immediately. Awesome! :yesyes:

cymraig_chris
22-07-11, 23:41
Post removed by author

paula lynne
22-07-11, 23:51
Quick question.....I cant find your actual quote but you said something like we would be foolish to want to get rid of all our anxiety...as we need it for our get up and go so to speak, its vital...yes? How do you get to a point where you experience enough anxiety to keep you functioning so to speak, without allowing it to take over and become problematic again?

Im sorry, my eyes are blurry and I cant find your exact words, appologies. Im still reeling over this post! Ive always advocated "stop fighting, cant fight what you cant see etc"...but the descriptive way youve written this has totally blown me away...you need to seriously think about getting this published. May I copy it down please?

suzy-sue
22-07-11, 23:53
Good piece Chris ..It would make an excellent leaflet for the NMP shop to sell .Im sure it would be appreciated by many .Id buy a copy ..Sue

cymraig_chris
22-07-11, 23:56
Post removed by author

suzy-sue
22-07-11, 23:58
:hugs:

cymraig_chris
23-07-11, 00:01
Post removed by author

paula lynne
23-07-11, 00:18
Gotcha, thanks! Off to get in the boat to Alcatraz, see you in San Fransisco one day.:)
Ive often told myself, and others, to "take their anxiety with them", I give it permission to come out with me, then pay it no more attention. Is this the same as being unaffected by its presence? Im near enough well, have serious panics probably only once a month, hormone imbalance related to menstruation (pardon me).:blush:
I use a lot of lavender, which isnt a crutch as such, its just part of my relaxation routine after bath, and music. I will continue to do that, but I will promise you this. I will read and re-read everything youve written and start tomorrow, Im nearly there, but not quite, as agoraphobia rears up every now and again. I think that what youve written has hit a nerve with me, and as the owner of several up-to-date books on panic and anxiety, I really believe what youve written will change my life. Thank you so much.

Now, what time is the boat leaving?........:shrug:

cymraig_chris
23-07-11, 00:32
Post removed by author

nomorepanic
23-07-11, 01:36
Chris - I am going to be honest here and started reading and it went on and on and then I scrolled down and it was pages and pages long so I gave up. Sorry

Is this something you wrote yourself?

I think the info could be useful in smaller portions somehow

clairabella
23-07-11, 01:53
I love this post...ive just finished reading the whole lot and what you seem to be saying makes perfect sense to me....ive been doing my own research lately to finally be able to beat this...ive always believed we must accept what is happening to us and not be afraid...soooooo much easier said than done- it can be difficult to change something youve become accustomed to its like a bad habit that needs to be broken...to be hopefull of any chance of recovery you have to put in the effort to change your own attitude...ive struggled with this part the most- probably due to self pity.I think what youve written is truly inspirational and if it helps one person gain a better understanding then its a job well done...and the bonus is its free...theres a lot of charlatans out there offering there cure for hundreds of pounds!!I really hope this post will have a positive effect on people and help them to overcome what ever they are dealing with.....its definatly motivated me!!

cymraig_chris
23-07-11, 15:32
Post removed by author

cymraig_chris
24-07-11, 13:19
Chris - I am going to be honest here and started reading and it went on and on and then I scrolled down and it was pages and pages long so I gave up. Sorry

Is this something you wrote yourself?

I think the info could be useful in smaller portions somehow

As requested I have now made the post a bit smaller.

KK77
24-07-11, 14:29
As requested I have now made the post a bit smaller.

And I didn't even get the chance to read it :D

I think you should re-instate your post Chris as it was very informative and helpful to many members here.

nomorepanic
24-07-11, 14:30
I didn't mean to upset you Chris. I was making an observation that was all.

If you can email or PM me the info I will have a good read of it and see if any of it can be used on NMP somewhere.

i-will-do-it
24-07-11, 16:41
Chris,

Please Please Please re-post your article, or send it to my via private message.
I read it yesterday and wanted to start putting it into practice tomorrow!
It is lengthy but well worth the read and putting it into practice makes so much sense.... I really do need to read it again.

Many Thanks

Paula :bighug1:

PanchoGoz
24-07-11, 16:42
Where did it go? Why have all your comments gone? Put it back I want to read it! We don't have a enough good motivating posts like what people here have said about yours!

cymraig_chris
25-07-11, 22:18
It's all here www.nothingworks.weebly.com

blue moon
26-07-11, 01:03
Hello Chris:DJust say Wonderful
Love Petra xx

KK77
26-07-11, 01:06
Thanks for the link and PM Chris.