PDA

View Full Version : To drink or not to drink...help!

imjustnotme
23-07-11, 09:45
Okay so I'm having a friend round tonight and meant to be having a little wine...however I am so anxious about it because I'm worried it isn't the best thing to do with my medication...im taking serteraline 50 mg once every night and it says to avoid drink!

What should I do...I'm just so paranoid that if I drink I will have a bad affect and something terrible will happen!

amandaj
23-07-11, 09:56
nothing bad will happen but it might make you feel a bit funny try to stick to 1 or 2 glasses x

imjustnotme
23-07-11, 09:58
Okay, it's just I take my tablet before I go to bed so should I still take a tablet after I have had alcohol or should I just miss it? I wish I didn't overthink everything!

amandaj
23-07-11, 10:08
im same i overthink every little thing unfort,if it made you feel better to miss 1 that wont hurt either, i think ive drank b4 with every tab possible but im not sayin it is the right thing to do, but i just wanted to reply to let you know it wont hurt you badly x

imjustnotme
23-07-11, 10:11
Okay, I know they have to say with tablets not to drink alcohol cos it's mixing two things together and no one knows what affect it will have on the body but thanks for the advice...think i will have to see how i feel! In all honestly, I dont really feel like drinking but then maybe just 1 or 2 glasses will relax me x

mandie
23-07-11, 11:38
Im the same thinking if i drink while on the tablets something bad will happen but iv drank on sertraline and citalopram and been ok. I only have a couple though cause i panic i will have a reaction!

mandie x

imjustnotme
23-07-11, 14:03
Yeah i just overthink everything so so annoying! Yeah i think i will just pace myself and only had a couple as you both have said. thanks for the advice x