PDA

View Full Version : trying to manage the morning panic rollercoaster

lmb_nj
23-07-11, 17:10
This is going to long because I have to get it out.

I'm tring to manage this morning. I was calm yesterday evening. In fact that's a trend for the most part - being calm in the evening. But so as I wake up in the morning It starts this anxiety. This has been a week of this. I've been in touch with doctor and we are "medicating" and also I need to figure out how to handle this. therapy on wedneday.
Meds at moment:
5mg Citolopram evening - around 9 pm
10 mg ambien evening right before I go to bed - averaging 11 pm - maybe I should make that sooner.
.5 mg xanax evening right before I go to bed, plus .5mg two other times a day. morning ususally and then around 2 or 3 pm.

Like I said I've been in touch with my psych doc numerous times. - next time call tomorrow at 10 Am - but have to page him. Then "wait" for him to call back. I tired of this and I know i have to press on.

Last night in my calm I can tell myself you will survive, you will do this, you will get up tomorrow and handle what may come. But deep down I want "what may come" to be this state of calm I was feeling at night. Not what I'm feeling right now.

I exercised - 45 minute walk. I need to focus but a bit unsure what to do next. I was being positive - go to grocery store, go return shoes, but then I say lets wait until I'm calm later in the day - usually around 2 or so I start feeling the calmness. excuses.

focus, focus, focus.

I'm tired of this. yet I have no choice. And that causes anxiety. And it's so friggin hot here. I can't cry. the meds don't seem to let me. wonder if I could I could get out this frustration.

ugh.

lmb_nj
23-07-11, 18:01
Ok, called friend. going to go out and get something to eat. first forway outside of house/complex since a week. I've been with friends, but this is a test for me. Plus I am hungry - good thing - and crackers and cereal bars aren't going to do it. If I can do this. And feel good, I might venture to the grocery store. big plans. step by step.

paulhem
25-07-11, 06:44
you are still alive right? Challenge your panics more. Dare them to do their worst ( they cant) - take control - when you feel any symptoms just tell yourself "hey ho another panic attack - so what!"

I know its hard but you can do it - i beat off 99% of the attacks sucessfully.

Right now im battling one that started 7 hours ago , i know whats causing it , I overate and am bloated , tummy pain, plus stress from a lot going on at work (financial cuts/job losses etc) but still my brain trying to tell me something awful will happen.

I know nothings going to happen and i will beat it. No matter how long it takes.

Thats why im here now - typing it out helps me in the battle.

You will win the war too - just take it one battle at a time.

anxiety nightmare
25-07-11, 09:22
im having morning depression and panic attacks too,been taking clomipramine,[which ive been on for 22 years] had a good day day yesterday,but today feel like crap,anxious ,panicky and lightheaded