PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

strawberry1756
23-07-11, 18:10
Hi Ive not been on here for a while. In 2009 I started suffering with all day all night anxiety, I got to the point where i couldnt eat or sleep. I started taking Citalopram and slowly got better. I ve been feeling great for over a year now and even had a baby! who is now 14 months.

I booked a girls clubbing holiday to Ibiza which is somewhere ive always wanted to go. We go on wednesday for 3 nights. I was quite nervous about leaving my little girl but I know my husband would be fine looking after her so thought I would be ok, however since yesterday Ive been feeling terrible, and like i am going back to how I was! I am in tears at the moment because I feel so awful and my husband is at work and is not back till late so I havent got anyone to talk to.

I did go out last night for my birthday for a few drinks and have a slight hangover today and the nerves about the holiday have totally got out of control. I was thinking it might be the hangover making me feel so bad and the stress of worrying about leaving my daughter. Its just so horrible I cant handle going through this again as I have also got my little girl to look after. Am I getting ill again? or is the citalopram not working anymore? can anyone help please :weep::weep::weep:

lauraebowes
23-07-11, 18:14
hiya hun dnt get upset anxiety can creep up anytime anywhere, your probably just thinking all the what if's becuase your going on holiday, as for the citrolpram i was on it 2 and a half years and had to change it recently do to my body is just use to it maybe speak to your doc to change the med to something else, hope you feel better soon and its just a one off x

suzy-sue
23-07-11, 18:20
Hi Strawberry ..Its the after effects of the alcohol ..it causes inceased anxiety especially when on antidepressants ..Congrats on your daughter ..your bound to feel anxious about leaving her ,but you are only going for three days ,she will be fine .Be careful how much you drink when you are away and have a fab time hun ..you will be ok once you are on the plane im sure .You can always ring when you feel like you need to check things are ok at home .Mums need a break now and again ,dont feel bad .Enjoy ...Luv Sue x

bevwilks
23-07-11, 20:36
Oh my lord what a massive achievment booking a holiday abroad. you go girl enjouy yourself. if you can do that your well on your way... good luck and enjoy yourself...

haziefantasie
24-07-11, 12:02
Like youve said its more than likely a combination of the alcohol & nerves of leaving your daughter. I know alcohol definately affects me for a few days afterwards & youre bound to feel anxious about going away.

Try to relax as much as you can over the next few days & think positively - your daughter will be fine & youll have a great time.

By the way Im really jealous of you going to Ibiza as Ive also always wanted to go but just cant afford it. Just enjoy yourself! :yesyes:

strawberry1756
24-07-11, 16:57
Thanks for the advice it helped me through yesterday, feeling bad again now though, have just posted another x