PDA

View Full Version : Last ever tablet tomorrow :S

Lizziesaurus
23-07-11, 20:20
Partly through choice and partly because I forgot my docs appointment (oops :blush:)
Still my boyfriend thinks it's for the best and I quite look forward to being 'me' again, whatever that may be like now.
I'm still dreading stopping completely, I'm still suffering with a stomach bug and fear this won't help, still without sounding like I'm skiving work, it's a good cover story for those who don't understand withdrawl I guess :shrug:

I really hope this works out for me, at least I know getting some more is just a trip away from the docs, it did help once upon a time.
Wish me luck!

Veronica H
24-07-11, 02:07
I think it is a bad idea to go cold turkey on any drug, as some drugs leave the system pretty quickly, and can have side effects....Citalopram being an example. The advice is to gradually reduce the dose. :bighug1:Vx

macc noodle
24-07-11, 09:02
Lizzie

With the greatest respect to your boyfriend who i am sure has your best interests at heart, it has to be a decision made by you alone and with the help of your GP to ensure that withdrawal from taking the tablets is managed successfully so that you can continue on your road to recovery.

Good luck with it - I am sure you will be fine - you sound in a good place xxxx

Lizziesaurus
24-07-11, 12:37
Thanks for the support guys. I decided not to take my tablet today. The past 3 days I reduced from 150mg to 75mg and the effects are more than present. I feel shakey, cold, sick, I keep getting depersonolisation, my head feels funny and my anxieties through the roof. I know I just need to ride it out and it won't be easy doing so but I want to come off these tablets, they stopped working about a month ago and aren't helping me anymore.

I've phoned in sick to work for the next 2 days, I need to be somewhere safe and comforting right now to ride it out. I'm going to see how I am off meds for a while for abit, see how it goes. I go on holiday a week on Wednesday to my most favourite place in the world (Vienna) and I think that will bring my mind some peace it needs.

I'm trying to eat normally to help my stomach and I've got rid of the alcohol in my flat to avoid the temptation to self medicate. Hopefully this will pass and things will be good again.

Lizziesaurus
25-07-11, 12:33
Getting full on brain zaps, or whatever they like to be called. SO HORRIBLE :wacko:
So very glad I called in sick to work for today as well. The more I move, the worse I feel.
I hope this is over very very soon...

Joanne1974
02-08-11, 21:07
Hi, I',m going through the same thing with help from my doctor. Really is a horrible withdraw. I feel sick, dizzy, hungry but don't want to eat and cannot get to sleep. If I'd known about this I wouldn't have taken 150mg dose. Am going back on 75mg to ween off them. CPN has recommended Duloxetine but I bet thats just as bad. Would be interest to hear how you feel in a week or two's time off the meds.

Lizziesaurus
06-08-11, 22:34
I lasted 3.5 days off them before going backon them. I was on the verge of suicide and my boyfriend was terrified, I ended up getting an emergency prescription from boots then some from my docs the next day.
I've been referred for CBT so I'm hoping that's a step forward. I want to come off them at some point but I never EVER want to have withdrawal like that again!

jo61
07-08-11, 10:03
Glad you're feeling better. Effexor is really difficult to come off - it took me 18 months with loads of slow weaning, going back on,then finally went on Prozac to kick them. Effexor has a very short half life so it has to be done very very slowly. x