PDA

View Full Version : Doctors this morning!!!!!!!!!!!

morganbird
23-07-11, 21:48
Hi everyone.
God I have had a shit few days so ended up at out of hours this morning doctor reckons i have pulled a mussle in my chest thats why I am having the stabbing pains in chest and back.
Really??????? I still think there is something wrong with my heart. Why cant my brain function to believe the bloody doctor.
I am supposed to be at friends but no this bloody anxiety has kept me home. I feel safest at home with house phone next to me.
I am so worried of leaving the house that its starting to ruin my family life.
Somone please help me I know I post alot but you people are the only ones who understand
:weep:

lmb_nj
23-07-11, 22:31
Did you do anything physically that would have pulled a muscle in your chest or back? Sometimes I don't feel the actual pain until a day or two later. So anything in the last few days?

How far away is it that you have to go to meet up with your friends? I feel safe near my home too lately, but I have found I take my mobile with me everywhere (sounds funny but I'm 40 and not really techy so it's not sometihng I normally do - I know teens are connected to theirs like an appendage). I can only be stepping to the mailbox 30 feet away and I take it with me.

Can you tell your friends what pain you are having so they can also keep an eye on you while you are with them? I also have been telling my friends "yes, I am here with you for now, but don't get upset if I just have to run out and be home without a word". Friends, by definition, should be supportive!

Just some thoughts so that you don't feel you have to avoid being with friends when you are having this anxiety.

morganbird
23-07-11, 22:38
Hey thanks lisa. I am 30 and carry my phone to the bloody toilet lol. My friends are great but when we have the kids with us I would rather just stay home and let my partner and my son go.
Thing is my son is noticing things now which isnt fair on him.
I am 8 weeks pregnant and not enjoying 1 bit of it due to this damn anxiety.
Am I going crazy??? Should I have these feelings and pains everyday?
I havent done anything strenuos that I can think of
XXXX

margy1982
23-07-11, 22:43
hi morganbird, im new to this, only been on this site for about 2 days, but the people i have talked to on here are really nice and understanding. First of all i get the pains in my chest too, and i always think there might be something up with my heart, or i think am i having a heart attack, then i worry even more and pains get worse. I used to always go to my doctors at the first sign of pains in my chest, and everytime i went they checked me over and said i was fine. But my gp and doctors in the hospital said there is a thing called a chest wall, and that gives u pain, its not your heart, you would know if it was, it would be worse than the pain you are getting. x

lmb_nj
23-07-11, 22:57
Yes, I take the phone to the toilet these days too. Thank god for disenfectant wipes.

I wish I had more to offer but I don't have experience with this type of pain. I usually get this feeling that somethings squeezing my heart. It's not stabbing but more constant. I've been told anxiety. I've had tests EKGs and no issues. Physcial and all is well on that front. Anxiety is evil.

Davinci817
24-07-11, 03:36
I have had the chest wall muscle pulled diagnosis TWICE, out of my many visits to the ER for chest pain over the past five years, I have never had a bad EKG, blood levels or high and or low blood pressure. Haven't had a heart attack either :roflmao:!

Some of the times I am sure it was my anxiety but also just had my gallbladder removed which is a big culprit for chest pain as is GERD which is also another one of my lovely things to contend with. All that time convincing myself it was my heart has really put me through a lot of unnecessary stress.

Oddly enough, ya know that chest pain is not one of the major symptoms of heart attack in women? We have just heard this so long as they preached to us about our men having heart attacks and what to look for that we have imbedded in our minds that chest pain means we are dying! I get the slightest twinge in my arm after sitting for hours at the keyboard and I am sure it is tight because it is a heart attack....doing it right now actually lol.

It's tough to believe the Doctor when we convince ourselves of something so horrific.

LisaT
24-07-11, 10:31
HI, I also get chest pains, In my case my muscles get tight and after a while will hurt, its probably the same for you, I didn't actually realise how tense I was until I was told what it was xx