PDA

View Full Version : Worried tingle & ache feelings - Reassurance pls?

reddevil
03-05-06, 11:51
I have been to see my doctor today regarding my muscle twitch (left calf) and pins and needles in my left foot.

I told him that my calf muscle twitches and my left foot appears to have pins and needles, been like it for 3-4 days.

My doctor checked my leg by testing the reflexes, pressed the muscles in and touched both sides of my leg to see if feelings were there.

He told me it could be a trapped nerve / anxiety and the tingles could be anxiety related as the muscles appear ok.
He said it should settle down after a few weeks and the tingles could get worse if I concentrate on the problem.
He then told me, at this moment of time no tests are required as it does not look like a stroke or MS.

[uI have come away not convinced (what a surprise).[/u]

* my left and right foot tingle
* my arms and hands have started to tingle and ache
(it kind of rotates, the foot can appear better then it will come back again or the arm feels better then it could come back again).

I have never experianced this before and it's very worring.

Does anybody have any advice on this and can the tingles and aches last for a period of time through thorugh anxiety?

I'm worried it's MS, it carnt come that quick could it?

Tony

shiv
03-05-06, 12:17
Tingling , numbness, pins and needles: all classic symptoms of anxiety. I don't think it would be so bad if it was everywhere, but I know in my case it's always on one side which makes you think "STROKE"!!!!! I know I do. I'm slowly starting to get used to it as it's one of my "new" symptoms.

Please try not to worry about it and I bet when you forget about it, it'll go away!!

Shiv x

Greg1983
03-05-06, 14:13
Reddevil, if the doc was in any doubt he would have done the tests to cover his own back. I myself worry constantley about my chest pains, i have had an ECG which was fine, blood pressure tested fin e and blood tests done - better than they shouold have been, but i can't help think that they have missed something.

What you need to do is trust what the doc has told you and try to forget about it. i need to do this as well, even the psychiatic nurse has told me this is what i need to do, i told her that i worry that all the tests were done over 4 months ago - she keeps telling me that things don't change that quickly in a young/healthy 22 yeart old.

"UNLESS YOU HAVE BREATHED ANXIETY, TASTED ANXIETY AND LIVED WITH ANXIETY YOU DONT KNOW HOW IT FEELS..
NEVER JUDGE AN ANXIOUS PERSON BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW ONE DAY YOU MAY WAKE UP WITH IT YOURSELF..... (Stolen from someone else, can't remember who, but i'm sorry - i just liked it)"

jackie
03-05-06, 19:52
shivs right all classic signs of anxiety and the more you worry the worse it will get. it is a vicious circle and a horrible one i know

but the doc has checked that the bllod is flowing well in you r legs , that means it is unlikely to be anything to worry about. i know it is so real and your pain is real but your anxiety is feeding it making you terrifyed. believe me i know it is so convincing and sooo real

take care and try to be reassured. a little trust in your doctors ability is needed and i know it is hard to give

take care

jackie

april tones
04-05-06, 00:05
Hiya, not trying to put things in your head or advertise my site but just persevere if you think its something else
Have they checked your thyroid?iron?b12?
I persevered as had similar symptoms and worried of ms
Took 2 yrs to get diagnosed with fibrmyalgia which isnt life threatening but i feel reassured and know what wrong now! i thought i was going mad x

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com