PDA

View Full Version : Magnolia and rhodiola complex?

Daisybun
03-05-06, 12:28
Hi hs anyone tried Magnolia and rhodiola complex. It has a variety of herbal remedies in it - relora, rhodiola rosae and L-theanine. I can't find any info on whether it reacts with meds and my GP and pharmacist can't help. Any one tried it or has any info? Thanks
Daisybun

Daisybun
06-05-06, 18:01
Oh well thanks for reading this everyone - I guess no-one has ever heard of this. My counsellor recommended it. It is an anti-anxiety/anti-stress remedy. I haven't taken any yet as I am on thyroxine and some supplements can contraindicate with that - i once took sellenium and i was high as a kite for a week - it was like upping my dose by 50mcg!! Thanks anyway
Daisy

nomorepanic
06-05-06, 18:17
The only post I have is here ...

Rhodiola anyone? or suggestions (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8871)

Nicola

Daisybun
07-05-06, 10:43
Thanks for the info I have checked it out, I'll try and look up some more info on the web

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Daisybun
12-06-06, 22:50
Just to let you know I've started taking the supplement and will keep people updated. been on it two days and seem to be feeling a bit calmer. Not taking diazepam!

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

W.I.F.T.S.
21-06-06, 09:35
I've heard of Rhodiola, but couldn't find much about it and my local health food shop had never even heard of it! Let us know how you get on.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

Daisybun
22-06-06, 23:29
Well nearly two weeks on it, felt good last week, this week not so good really. My friend sent me the bottle i am currently using, you can only get it on-line i think there may be stockists i don't know. The people who make it are Lifetime Vitamins. I'm giving it a go though and I'll see how long it takes, as herbal remedies take time to build up in the system

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Elle-Kay
23-06-06, 09:46
I'm pretty sure that Rescue Remedy also contains Magnolia extract, you know, and they are confident that that doesn't have any contraindications with medications. Sorry to jump on the bandwagon late!

Leah.

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Viney
01-01-07, 22:46
Hi All

I have been taking Magnolia & Rhodiola Complex which has Relora, Rhodiola Rosae and L-Theanine for about the last 6 months and my PANIC ATTACKS are now 95% gone. I can go in supermarkets on the tube and in crowds. I say 95% as I still get infrequent scares now and then if a tube is stuck for too long.

The product is made by Lifetime vitamins and is ONLY available from Victoria Health food shops. I get mine from the Edgware road branch in London.

This is the best product ever. It was previously called 'Calm and Calmer', and you may have read reviews on that in other groups/sites.

The only supplier is Victoria health in the UK. I emailed Lifetime vitamins to see if there were any others cheaper, but there is not. Victoria Health seem to be the sole supplier in the UK.

I found a change within 2 weeks and take two tabs a day, one in the morning and one at night.

Try one bottle and I think you will be amazed.

I DO NOT work for Victoria Health or Lifetime Vitamins. I do however suffer from Panic Attacks (much less now though) and am writing this to help you others who do not know about it.

If you find it cheaper elsewhere then please let me know.

nomorepanic
23-06-08, 23:29
Daisybun hasn't been on the site for 11 months so I am afraid she won't be able to reply.

Viney
07-03-09, 19:24
Hi

My experience

I took it for about 2 years and it worked fantastically well for me. I was back on the tubes, planes, supermarkets everything. I also found taking it in conjunction with Pharmaton tablets (from most uk chemists) was also helping.

If you find that you can not tolerate the Magnolia & Rhodiola capsules from Victoria Health (by Lifetime vitamins) then try the pharmaton and see how you go.

If you are already on any sort of medication then ensure you check with your GP before you buy. I emailed the pharmacist at Victoria Health and told him my problem, what I was on and he confirmed they were ok for me.

I have not looked back since. In fact I don't take either now as about 2 / 3 months ago I had a tummy bug that was going around. As a result, I couldn't eat anything properly for a week and had to stop the tabs. When I got better I found I did not need them. I still have them in case I have peaky days but have not used them.

Any thing else you need to know then hopefully I should get a message from the forum and will reply quicker next time!

bwheeler
01-04-09, 15:37
Oh well thanks for reading this everyone - I guess no-one has ever heard of this. My counsellor recommended it. It is an anti-anxiety/anti-stress remedy. I haven't taken any yet as I am on thyroxine and some supplements can contraindicate with that - i once took sellenium and i was high as a kite for a week - it was like upping my dose by 50mcg!! Thanks anyway
Daisy
Hi i know you left message some time ago but i have just joined and want to try Magnolia & Rhodiola but am also on thyroxine did you ever give it a try and did it help.
Regards
Barry

Viney
15-04-09, 20:59
Hi i know you left message some time ago but i have just joined and want to try Magnolia & Rhodiola but am also on thyroxine did you ever give it a try and did it help.
Regards
Barry

Hi

I am also on Thyroxine (Hypo) underactive and I was told it was ok by Victoria Health and never had a problem. HOWEVER, I suggest you speak or email Victoria Health and get that confirmed for your self before you start to be on the safe side.

Cat80
17-04-09, 16:45
I've just started taking this product yesterday so will let you know if I feel any difference in a couple of weeks

Cat80
22-04-09, 12:51
Well I've been taking these tablets for almost a week now and thought I'd update with how I was doing. I have GAD and have tried so many meds from the Dr's (citalopram, fluoxetine, propanalol etc) and none have worked. I didn't want to go back on meds again so decided to try the herbal route. I read about this product on here and thought oh well I'll give it a try not expecting much.

You take 2 or 3 tablets a day, I'm taking 2, one in the morning with my breakfast and one in the evening with my tea. After about 4 days I noticed I didn't need to take my anti nausea medication (I've been taking it everyday for over a year due to nausea caused by my anxiety). My anxiety has started to lessen so not feeling as sick and can control my anxiety so much better. Also magnolia helps nausea so that's a bonus. If I feel like this after about a week then I'm expecting it to make me feel better the longer I take it (can only hope).

I've been 3 days free from anti nausea meds, never happened this long before which is a great thing as I have a phobia of being sick. I would definately recommend giving these tablets a try, I know they are a tad pricy but you get a months supply so it's not too bad.

MOJO
05-05-09, 20:38
Hi Cat80!
Was interested to read your post. Do you have an update on how you are getting on with these pills now? They sound really good.

Daisybun
26-05-09, 23:11
Wow, I was not expecting to see my name and this post still there! I haven't been on the site for a long time! I had to go on citalopram in the end as I was so bad and that worked for me. I am now coming off these pills so hopefully will be OK. I know that I have a tendency to be anxious and I still still have the rhodiola and magnolia tablets here so may give them a go if things start to get a bit difficult when I am completely off my SSRIs. Good luck everyone

MOJO
30-05-09, 17:26
Hi Cat 80!
Did you carry on with these tablets? Would really like to know if they helped.
Thanks.

Cat80
31-05-09, 13:58
Hiya Judy, I did carry on taking the tablets and at the start they did work but then they seemed to stop working. I think it's because I've just got too many stressful things going on at the moment nothing will work.

I would still definately recommend trying them, I will be having another go as soon as I can focus on the anxiety more and not have so many things going on that are stressing me out

MOJO
31-05-09, 15:25
Thanks for that. I am so anxious at the moment I don't know what to do. It goes on all day, just can't stop it at all. Will maybe have a try of them. Anything that might help would be great.

Cat80
02-06-09, 16:56
Definately give them a go, they really did help my anxiety at first but now I am stressing over every little thing (convinced myself I have loads of problems at the mo) so nothing will help me while I'm like this