PDA

View Full Version : women please, NO MEN

Rennie1989
05-04-04, 21:51
I would appreciate if men don't read this coz its sumot private!!!!

iv been under going alot of stress and depression and iv realized my periods are actin strange!!!

4 weeks ago i started like normal but i didnt stop till after 9 days and im over a week early!

could this be to do wid stress etc?

Scooter Girl

april tones
05-04-04, 21:55
hi there, mine is quite simular to you but i had a baby 6 months ago which might be part of it. see your doctor if in any doubt. mine are longer than before and less painful though. Are you on any pill or any thing?

apriltones

Rennie1989
05-04-04, 22:06
hi april

no i dont take pills, ill have to see sum1

thanx!

Scooter Girl

Meg
05-04-04, 22:08
Yes Jade , this could be to do with stress.

Meg

sarah
06-04-04, 08:39
Hiya Jade

Yep definately stress. Mne go all over the place when im stressed, I once missed 3 months due to stress.
One other thing...I know you are young, depends how old you were when you started them, if it wasnt that long ago, they may still be settling down!
love Sarah
xx
ps if you do go to your doctors about it, it might be a good time to tell him/her about your anxiety?

sadie
06-04-04, 18:18
Hi Jade,

It is very common for girls to either have more painful periods or not have a period at all when under stress or dieting etc...

I would speak to your mum if you feel comfortable enough and maybe organise a visit to go and see your GP too.

Take care

sadie

ana
07-04-04, 15:09
Hi Scooter Girl!
My period didn't come for 3 months now. I am also very worried and I think it is connected to stress, or some pills (which I take).
In case you don't take pills, go to a doctor, just in case! Better safe then sorry!
Love
Ana

Rennie1989
07-04-04, 21:21
i cant see my gp coz my mum wont let me, ill have to see medical at skool and see what they say

Scooter Girl

april tones
08-04-04, 21:03
hi scooter girl, why wont your mom let you see gp?

apriltones

Rennie1989
08-04-04, 21:06
she says i dont need to see him and that i can cope happily

Scooter Girl

april tones
08-04-04, 21:30
do you agree? does your mom say thet because she knows you worry?

apriltones

Rennie1989
08-04-04, 22:05
i donno

HB
10-04-04, 22:08
hey scooter girl!
I wouldn't worry (or at least try not to) because you are only young and your periods can be all over the place at the slightest worry (im not much older than you at 17!!!)
Sometimes when im going through a bad patch of panic attacks, my period can last up to 14 days (ouch!)
If you go to your GP then it is 100% confidential so dont worry about your mum finding out. I've been put on some pills that regulate mine and they have worked well :-)
Hope everything gets sorted for you darlin.
Take care, love helen x

H

Buby
11-04-04, 00:49
ello jade,

i wish mine were all over the place but theyre regular, plz dont worry bout it they will get back to normal in no time, its probably just stress wot u need is a big smile planted straight on ure face....hmmmm....where wud i get one of them?....neway have a shop round or look under the table...youll b fine jade. trust us we r women and women no best. we can tell by the faces on men wen they realise we no we're rite! hehe! but i think the school nurse idea is gd. cos shes a woman and shud no everythin girls want to no at our age.

women shud not b put thro so much pain and discomfort!!!

hugs and an extra 1 jade xxx Rachel xxx

Laurie28
13-04-04, 13:46
Jade,

I always think it is better to be safe. I'm not telling you to go behind your mum's back but pls remeber you can make and attend an appointment at your GP's alone.

Lucky

Rennie1989
14-04-04, 19:43
good news guys, my periods have finished, quite odd though, they were heavy the day they stopped, ow well!!!!!

it lasted for 6 days

Scooter Girl

Rennie1989
17-05-04, 20:46
hiya guys

it keeps happenin, 2 weeks early

coz my mum cant take me to the docs now shell take me next month after my hospital appointment

it defenatly is stress

Scooter Girl

Tessie28
17-05-04, 21:12
hi Scooter girl,
i know it can be worrying when this happens but it is just so depedent on your emotions. for example 22 years ago when i split from my first husband i didn't have a period for 4 months:( i even went for a check up with the doctor in case i was pregnant[:I] he said stress does that to you - was i happy :)
take care,
love tess

Rennie1989
22-05-04, 16:37
its 2 weeks early again!!!!!!!!!!!!

i really wanna see the docs, im worried

twister
22-05-04, 21:16
Don't worry, its completely normal for periods to shift around a bit when you are young and there is no rule that says cycles have to be four weeks at all. Between 3 and 7 days is also average for duration so I wouldnt worry about 9.

By all means see the doctor but in the meantime try no to worry too much.

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Rennie1989
13-10-04, 19:21
i didnt want to make a new topic so here i am again

u know that my periods used to come 2 weeks early well now i am 2 weeks late!!!! im weelly worried about it as i feel as though some it wrong with me, its know that i can be unhealthy if it is soooooo late! also i have realised that my diet isnt great so it could be that. what do you think i should do and change about myself

thanx everyone!

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

twister
13-10-04, 21:01
Hi Jade

Well assuming you are not pregnant (!) you are young and irregular periods are absolutely normal. Also not every cycle is 4 weeks, perhaps yours is 6 weeks or something - have you looked at it that way?

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

jo-jo
13-10-04, 22:02
Hiya Scoot

I totally agree that stress can send your body to pot, but if you're really worried then maybe have a chat to your GP, even if its just to put your mind at rest.

Love Jo xxx

Rennie1989
14-10-04, 19:04
well its 2 weeks today!

im going to have a strong word with my mum eigher today or tomorrow evening (if in still not on)

im getting more worried by the hour im not on

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

jill
15-10-04, 13:25
Hi Jade,

Sorry to hear you are haveing problems
with your periods Mine are 9 days on and
2 weeks off, it's not nice but my GP says
that this is normal.
Stree can cause your periods to stop.
I agree with eveyone else if you are
worried have a word with your GP.
Peace of mind goes along way.

THINKING OF YOU ALWAYS.

TAKE CARE

JILLXXX

Rennie1989
16-10-04, 21:24
hiya

thanx jill

its now 2 weeks and 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mum said were going to the docs if its 2 months!

Scooter Girl

Meg
16-10-04, 21:35
Jade ,

It's fine that your cycle is not regular. You're still at the age where the hormones are settling down and that can cause irregularities as well as stressors affecting it.

If you have lost a lot of weight that can affect your cycle too.

I don't think you have anything to worry about at presnt based on the information you've given us here.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

Rennie1989
17-10-04, 14:50
thanx meg

well they have come! im pleased but it hurts!

i have to admit meg i have lost weight!

Scooter Girl