PDA

View Full Version : Effect of Citalopram

Greg1983
03-05-06, 14:41
How long is it before i will start to get the full effect of the citaloprasm tablets?

i'm on 10mg and have been for the past 4 weeks. My anxiety feels worse, my thoughts are alot worse, my chests pains are worse, i'm starting to get upset at times again, i thought i was all over this. Not sure if its linked to me going back to work, or worried about going to the footy for the first time in ages on Sunday.

I know my chest pains are nothhing as i have had the tests, but i'm starting to get back to how i was a month ago crying and worrying loads.

"UNLESS YOU HAVE BREATHED ANXIETY, TASTED ANXIETY AND LIVED WITH ANXIETY YOU DONT KNOW HOW IT FEELS..
NEVER JUDGE AN ANXIOUS PERSON BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW ONE DAY YOU MAY WAKE UP WITH IT YOURSELF..... (Stolen from someone else, can't remember who, but i'm sorry - i just liked it)"

taf
03-05-06, 15:29
Have you talked to your pharmacist or doc regarding these symptoms? Perhaps they could either share information regarding these symptoms and/or recommend an alternative? Great job on going forward with your work with anxiety! Don't give up...it is always darkest before any dawn.
Peace and happiness your way! Taf:D

Two heads
04-05-06, 11:05
Hi Greg!I known how you feel hun ive been on these meds for 8weeks and i felt horrid to start with then ifelt good then two weeks a go i felt horrid again.Ive upped them to 15mg this week,im just cutting a 20mg into four and taking one piece with a ten mg tablet!Maybe you should try upping them?But do it slowly to aviod sideaffects again hun!I had noticed i was getting parnoid and had terrible thoughts two weeks ago also.It may be just the meds sorting things out.Please dont worry sweet you will be fine.xxxx

Yvonne
04-05-06, 16:57
Hi Greg

I have been on Citalapram for a while. I am having to come off it because it caused bad dry eye syndrome.

I think with this medication (and most ssri's) the anxiety does get worse at first. 10mg is quite a low dosage and maybe you need to increase it. Speak to your doctor and tell him how you have been feeling and I think he will increase the dosage.

It's strange how people react different to these medications, some people report no side effects, and others like you, and myself seem to get no apparent benefit just worse anxiety symptoms.

Please keep us posted as to how you go with the medication, I for one, would be very interested.

Yvonne

Y Goble