PDA

View Full Version : Starting college soon

kimmidoll
24-07-11, 19:31
I'm really worried about starting college on the 18th. Don't get me wrong i'm really happy to have got a placement as there were so many applicants an so few places but i'm so worried about it. I'm doing beauty therapy which is going to be very hands on and i'm stressing that i'm not going to have the confidence to succeed on the course. It really doesnt help that when i went for my core skills test i saw the register and there is a girl on the course who was really nasty and a bit of a bully and i know ths because she went to my school and she was realy horrible to me there and never did anything to her. I'm just so worried that my anxiety is going to get the better of me.:weep:

brambles
25-07-11, 03:30
Hi

I've just finished college. My advice is don't let your anxiety get the better of you. I did, and consequently it was absolute agony as I was reclusive and so honestly didn't say a single word to anyone in my group for the entire two years of the course. I struggled with the more hands-on units because of my self-consciousness, even though I regularly do something similar as a hobby, and possibly for a business sometime soon!

And bullies? Just remember that some people are just naturally unpleasant, and that they have the problem, not you! Be yourself and ignore her.

Good luck, and enjoy it!
Jeff