PDA

View Full Version : feeling really fed up!

disco2195
24-07-11, 21:18
Hi Guys my name is Dave and I've been suffering with depression for about 10 years now. Thankfully I did manage to have a break from everything and managed to 'recover' and come off my medication though that only lasted for a few months.

I've started again on my tablets and have been doing ok on them, apart from all the hot flushes (feel like I should be sitting down with my mam and compairing flushed and HRT therapies :D). I have tried most of the medication on the market - TCA's no good as they gave me migraines, didn't want to try MAOI's due to side effects and the fact they interact with loads of foods, but I gound that SSRI's worked quite well. I found that Citalopram worked for a while and then I moved onto Sertraline (and these have given me the flushes).

I try to have an active life and go kick boxing two to three times a week and I have to admit I am finiding that I am not enjoying it as much as when I started.

I have decided that i would like to try and buuy a home but now I am getting all nervous about it and that I need to get it done. some days I just want to sit down and cry about it all and then i feel like I need to slap myself to get out of my mood.

If anybody can offer some advice or comments then please feel free.

Dave

Tyke
26-07-11, 02:32
Hi Dave

I am on Sertraline and I have found it to be a great help. Any kind of exercise helps to beat off depression, but if you are a bit tired of the kick boxing could you take up some other form of physical activity? How long have you been taking the Sertraline?

Tyke

disco2195
29-07-11, 21:56
HI Tyke,

Ive been on the sertraline for about a year now; and had my dose upped twice so at the half way point now. Really fed up of the flushes though - feels like im going through the menopause!

paula lynne
29-07-11, 22:01
Timing! I just PMd you about the next meet up Dave! x
Im a peri-menopausal haggard old witch Dave boy, youre not alone! (Not that Im suggesting your old, haggard, or a witch!).....:doh:
Ive heard Black Kosch (sp) from Holland and Barrett is great for flashes.......check there are no contra-indications obviously :blush:
Hope to see you on the 14th mate...wouldnt be the same without ya! x:hugs: