PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend Problems

James23
25-07-11, 00:22
Hi there, I was hoping somebody could help me out, I suffer from general anxiety which is present everyday, and have the occasional panic attack. Recently my girlfriend has changed so much I barely recognise her and after weeks of arguing and deliberating about what to do were at a cross roads, she's originally from a town 50 miles away where all her family are, I only have my mum and the rest of my family are idiots plus with my anxiety I rarely go out. So she has no social life here. She wants me to move to her home town but I have responsibilities here and can't go. We both love eachother and after 3 years of being together everyday it's hard watching her spend so much time at her mums. My problem is that I have no friends or family of notable value I'm alone in this huge house with reminders of happy times in every room that I'm scared because iv isolated everybody except her and now she doesn't want me I'm very sad and depressed. I just need a friend or even a female perspective as to how to cope with this, neither of us will make the split partly on my side as I dont want to lose all our hopes and dreams, and having low self esteem I feel my life is over at 24 and I won't meet someone who I can share my life with. Thanks for reading sorry it's a bit long. James

Tyke
25-07-11, 04:31
Hello James

What are your responsibilities where you live? You seem to care about your Mum, but you say you live alone, so is she living somewhere nearby? If she lives on her own she must be fairly independent. I can't help wondering if you could make the move to your girlfriends town if you really love her. Fifty miles is nothing these days. She wants to have her family around and as you are very anxious you both can't really go out together much where you are. She doesn't want to feel isolated, but still wants you, so moving nearer her folks is a reasonable solution. She could probably cope with all of this better if she had her family around and if they are nice people they may even help you too. It could be a great boost for both of you. What is it that is stopping you James?

Tyke

James23
25-07-11, 14:52
Thanks for your reply, you make a lot of sense.

M155anthr0p3
27-07-11, 15:38
Hi James,

I completely agree with what Tyke has said. You obviously think the world of this girl so why deny yourself a chance of happiness?

Be brave!!

Emily xxx