PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Anx
03-05-06, 16:09
Hi

I am 24years old, female, married and with a baby daughter.

I've decided it is time to really address my problem which is separation anxiety. I've had it since I was a child and I am increasingly worried that I still have it, as a married adult. It means that I am terrified of being separated from the people I love, mostly my husband. I suffer anxiety attacks whenever I think of this separation.

I would love to live a life with no anxiety attacks but have no idea where to begin. I'm embarrased to tell friends and family about this because it is the sort of things that kids have when they first go to school! I also feel people will not understand if they have never suffered anxiety before.

So any help would be much appreciated because I really don't know where to start.

scoobygirl2005
03-05-06, 16:16
Hi Anx.

Welcome to the forum! Don't be embarrassed, its nothing to be ashamed of at all. Lots of people have anxiety attacks, I get them too. I am sure if you tell your friends etc. they will be very supportive, you can get over this, you've got to be strong. Try taking deep breaths when you have an attack or do something relaxing to take your mind of the worrying thoughts you have. And if you feel people won't understand then there is some useful information on this website so take bits of this and print it off or tell your friends/family the website then they may understand a little better. Hope this helps. Pm me anytime if you need me. Keep smiling.

Scooby2005.

Alexandra
03-05-06, 16:53
Hi Anx

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

marie ross
03-05-06, 17:02
Hi Anx,

Please don't be embarrassed to tell your friends and family about this, i kept all my problems in for so long and i'm sure it contributed to my anxiety and panic attacks getting worse, because i was trying to cope alone. Once my family knew and my partner, they were absolutley brilliant and can't do enough to help me. In fact my a friend has just come round to see me, wondering if i was alright because she has'nt seen me in the school yard to pick up my children for over a week (can't face walking into a school yard with so many people!!) I've just explained to her whats wrong (i thought she might think i was a fruitcake!!!) and she was brilliant, asked if i needed any help, and would look into aromatherapy for me. People will want to help you, honestly.
Good look
Marie XX

giddy
03-05-06, 17:14
Welcome to the forum
love helen

shiv
03-05-06, 18:24
Hello and a warm welcome to you

Shiv x

trac67
03-05-06, 19:02
Hi Anx,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

jackie
03-05-06, 19:40
anx all i can tell you is that you are nto alone, i have a fear of leaving any one and even as a child hated the whole though tof people leaving. this has manifested into my health anxiety as it is today, in fact i dont really think i saw the childhood connection until you pointed it out but it is so blatent to me know

i hope we can all help eachother and i can promise you alot of support and friendship here

take care

jackie

Two heads
04-05-06, 18:46
Hi anx!I also had terrible separation anxiety as a child.I didnt go out to play much as i feared something would happen to me all my family.I was like this entill i trun 14years.My mother one day shouted at me to stop following her around and that was it!
I also had horrible OCD,which stoped me doing anything.Everybody noticed this and it became embrassing for me.I really have had astrange head in my life so far.This panick anxiety is new to me,had it since my lttle girl was born last year!
You are so in the write place hun for surport,you will be fine.xxx

Two heads
04-05-06, 18:47
Ow and today i have health anxiety like many on this site,so in a nut shell im a nightmare.xxxx

feege
04-05-06, 20:08
Hi Anx

Welcome to this wonderful site where you will find loads and loads of lovely people and support and advice!!![8D]

Good luck xxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

carolynw
04-05-06, 21:37
Hi Anx

Welcome to the site!

[8D]

Love Carolyn

chucklehound
05-05-06, 01:24
hi anx and welcome to the forum!

Munchkin
06-05-06, 13:14
Welcome to the forum anx!

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

nomorepanic
06-05-06, 18:08
Hi Anx

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Nicola