PDA

View Full Version : Liver? Gallbladder ? or just tight muscle?

looking4answers
25-07-11, 01:41
I tend to lay on my left side alot and my right side is curved in. When I straighten up or sometimes even if im on my left side I get a tightness in the curve of my right side. I did some checking about this and it said it could be related to liver or gallbladder but both says if you push on the aeea it would hurt real bad yet I dont when pushing and it seems its more of a general tightness in that area instead of a real pain. Also I tryto feel something there and just feel the rib. I only started experiencing this recently and wondered if anyone else has this too? Could it just be muscle tightness instead of something serious?

Anxious_gal
25-07-11, 05:36
I think you have answered your own question :)
If you lay a lot on your side then the mucle is more than likely stiff or tense, heat could help,
When I had my old mattress I wad forever waking up with a sore bruised feeling around my ribs from sleeping on my side ,

looking4answers
25-07-11, 06:45
And we have a sleep number bed. Its suppose to be the best of the best....bah humbug lol...Well I hope thats all it is....Geez ,just falling apart here:)

Hazel B
25-07-11, 12:58
Gallbladder pain stops you sleeping between about midnight and 3 am.

looking4answers
26-07-11, 00:35
Anybody else get tight ribcage muscles?

looking4answers
26-07-11, 00:50
Is this normal to get chest tightness on the right side from laying on the left side? I checked my pulse and its 72 so I dont think its got anything to do with the heart.

emmawalton
26-07-11, 09:53
i had the same feeling last night, was lay on my right side though and woke up and turned onto my back and had a sharp pain just by right rib, lasted about two mins at the most, i rubbed it and it went.