PDA

View Full Version : Let down by my team

gxyslcuq
25-07-11, 11:13
I have PTSD for nearly 3 years and today I called the duty person(as I don't have a CPN) of my mental health team. Told them things are worse.

Flashbacks
Nightmares(when I do sleep)
Crying all the time
Hearing voices because of lack of sleep
Not eating enough because I don't feel like it
Being motivated to get up and get washed and dressed
Frightened someone is going to come through my window
to name just a few

And my Psychiatrist wouldn't even let me see a member of the crisis team, I've just to live in this hell hole until the 3rd August.

Sick and tired of living like this.

Sorry for the rant:weep:

annette1
26-07-11, 20:38
Hi gxyslcuq

I'm sorry to hear you are having a crisis, don't worry about ranting it often helps to just get things out!
I was diagnosed 3yrs ago too. The blips we have are very hard to take, just when you think you are on top something happens to change it.

Have you had therapy, can you increase the strategies you use to ground yourself until your appointment. Deep breathing, self talk, exercise or relaxation.

Please carry on ranting here, I and many others are here to listen & support.

gxyslcuq
27-07-11, 18:46
Thanks. I have a therapist I see every 2 weeks. Also have agoraphobia that can be a nightmare at times. This forum is truly amazing, nice to know we are not alone. :bighug1:

gxyslcuq
28-07-11, 08:16
Going to see my GP this morning see if he can help. Can't go on like this, feel dizzy when standing, sick, tired(lack of sleep) headache and a few other things.

No body what's to hear things and people are out to get them.

Col
29-07-11, 12:59
Hi GXY

Gosh so sorry to hear how bad things are. Just checking where your from, yep your from the UK what a surprise doctors etc in this country on the majority are getting worse. Sometimes I think what's the point in going to docs because they just don't seem to listen properly and very easily give you pills. My docs are rubbish and quite arrogant. I very rarely go docs, can't bare it!
But telling the teem what you've told them and for them not to help you, is beyond belief!
What do we have to do to convince these dodgey professionals that we need help!!

Have you got any other contacts who can help any charity organizations who could help.

Take it easy and take care

annette1
29-07-11, 18:23
Hi GXY

How are you doing? I hope your visit to your doc was more helpful to you.

Still a few days until the 3rd, stay strong.

gxyslcuq
01-08-11, 01:48
Thanks everyone gp was helpful. Gave 7 10mg temazepam to get me through until the 3rd

annette1
01-08-11, 13:16
That's good, hope its helping :)

gxyslcuq
02-08-11, 07:30
Nver got a wink of sleep last night. However dont want to sleep just now and start a bad pattern. I can last till later.

hugs all x