PDA

View Full Version : Panic Started Again

Nataliex
25-07-11, 12:00
Hi everyone i haven't been to the forum for just over 2 years, i started to really get control of my panic attacks and after counselling i felt better than ever, started going out again and even went on holiday. Two weeks ago i went to hospital for a wisdom tooth out and i was so surprised, i didn't even panic about that everything was great. Then after i got home about 5 hours later i fainted, i had never fainted before and this really freaked me out but i was told it was probably due to lack of food so i tried to just get on with things as normal. I couldn't eat properly for the last 2 weeks and i started to feel really ill. Two days ago i started to feel worse even though i can eat better now, i started to feel really weird sensations in my body and i think lightheadedness. Yesterday things got really bad, i had 8 seperate panic attacks and this really freaked me out after having control of it for so long. Today i woke up and still felt weird but not too bad, then about 30 mins ago it all started again the not being able to breath and really panicking, i have overcome this before but with it being so long since it has been this bad, i am really struggling, all rational thought has gone out the window and i just think that really bad thing of i am going to die, everything i have learn't over the last few years doesn't seem to be helping because i am in such a state and really frightened, i don't know what to do :(

terror-x
25-07-11, 12:02
you need to remember that its mostly in your mind you can breath you are fine just get a paper bag and relax try and think of somthing you like to do or listen to some music play a game somthing that tales your mind of it and you will slowly but surely calm down we are all here for you x

Ahmed
25-07-11, 12:34
Hello Nat., well look let us be clear, I might sound harsh a little and I might sound reasonable too. Let us look at it from the view of reality, and see what is it there that we can help or add to our panic attack. Now, it is as mentioned "All in your HEAD" so be it, and let it come to you, DO NOT hesitate on smiling to it and just say IT'S NOTHING to fear or to be afraid of. Then look at the bright side, look at where you ONLY want to ENJOY your life as much as you can. And about the "Thinking of death" or so. I mean come on, if we look at it from the bright side, we will die all SOMEDAY, but HEY!... Now its time to have fun and be a good person to all. When your panic arrives, jump and go crazy! and show your mind that you ABSOLUTELY don't give a heck about it. I had the same as your situation but now.... I am more happy than ever, because I tamed that little evil one. And I can NOT let it come to me more than 10 seconds and pooof.... It is all gone. Nat, do not think it over, I got my wisdom tooth removed too and to tell the truth, I even cracked and laughed my pants off when the dentist gave me that injection on my gum. So dear always have fun in life and YOU control your life not someone or anything else <3 :)

clairabella
25-07-11, 13:01
hi nat...sorry to hear your feeling pretty miserable right now but i can assure you your going to be just fine.Youve been through a little setback thats all...having your wisdom tooth out as set the ball in motion..and now your dealing with the dreaded after effects *ADRENALIN*.... thats all it is nat, your freaking out about something thats a completly natural responce to your own fear...your body is trying to protect you not kill you hun.....i know the phsyical symptoms are horrendos but they WONT harm you in any way shape or form.....the more you panic the more adrenelin your going to release and so the cycle begins.I know it doesnt seem like it just now but you will be fine...you will get through this...and nothing is going to happen to you..panic attack do not kill anyone.Just let them come and you will see there nothing...carry on your daily routine...youve experienced this before so you already know the outcome of what happens.I know it sounds silly but when i felt a panic attack coming i used to jump on the spot...i looked a right fool but it burnt off the excess energy and gave me something else to focus on.Dont despair your going to be alright....xx

Nataliex
25-07-11, 13:30
Thank you everyone for your comments, i can't let this take over my life again, going to fight it xx

Nataliex
29-07-11, 16:53
Today i had to go to the supermarket, panic started to take over really bad, but somehow i actually managed to get through it and i got home in one piece. I got over this once before but now it is taking me all my time just to go out the door again, so i am quite proud of myself for getting through the supermarket which was very crowded.

Richard25
11-08-11, 01:34
just curious because you said you started going out again, is alcohol a large factor in your life?
i only ask because i, like you, used to have horrible panic attacks, then quit drinking and was fine, till i started drinking again...

Col
11-08-11, 13:22
Hi nat,

Gosh such a shame to be soo much better and then to experience a relapse, bless you.
I bet U feel like all the hard work is wasted but it won't be as u sound as though u managed to crack it b4 so u can do it again. Plus u know hat to expect!!!!!:doh:

To RICHARD above, I obviously can't answer for nat BUT, I never ever drink a drop of alcohol and I've had a very similar experience as nat and like I said I can honestly a nd sadly say some individuals can experience these symptoms naturally, without the influence of drink drugs or medication!

Very scary