PDA

View Full Version : One tonsil much bigger than the other and a small pink nodule type growth on one

louise123_uk
25-07-11, 12:03
Last year I noticed that my left tonsil was considerably bigger than my right tonsil and at the very back had like a tear drop shaped pale pink little nodule on it. I was concerned that the tonsil was so much bigger than the other and also particularly scared by the nodule looking thing. The difference in shape and size isnt caused by an infection as a year later my tonsil is still much bigger than the other and teh nodule is still there.

When I went to the docs last Jan, two docs and my dentist said it was nothing, and that tonsils can be asymmetrical and were also dismissive of the nodule looking lump.

I havent looked in a year and when I looked again yesterday I think that the nodule has got a little bit bigger (just ever so slightly). Im now terrified all over again that this little nodule is tonsil or throat cancer!! Has anyone got anything similar like a little nodule looking thing on one tonsil? Not sure whether to go back to docs again, but she already treats me like im a hypercondriac when I go with very genuine things so dont want to go with this again if it sound like an over reaction?

countrygirl
25-07-11, 19:18
I thought it was me writing this post. I have always had one tonsil much bigger than the other and on the big one I have a pink/clear? what looks like a round cyst type thing on it. I showed it to my Dr 3 yrs ago and she said it snormal tonsil tissue. Nothing has changed or happened in the 3 years so assume that I have always had this but just never noticed.

bottleblond
25-07-11, 20:03
Louise

Throat can is very rapid at the best of time and gone untreated, you certainly wouldn't be writing this post. I can promise you right now hun that's it's defo not throat cancer.

I think it's like most things on the human body, once side can differ from the others and although worrying to you, completely harmless.

Please try not to worry.

Lots of love
Lisa
xxx

louise123_uk
25-08-11, 10:25
I cant help thinking that the little nodule thing at the back of my tonsil is def very slightly bigger, its used to kind of look like a tear drop shape and now it def looks more round and the same proportions all over. I can also feel it now more rubbing against that bit of skin that arches over at the back of the mouth behind the uvula.... I'm in two minds whether to ask doc or dentist about it again (a year and a half since I initially went to docs about it). Would it really be sizably much bigger if it was something sinister, or is it possible it could be something sinister but just very slow growing? What would my doc have to do to rule out something sinsiter, can they just scrape off a few cells or would they need to remove the nodule or even my whole tonsil (dont think I could face that unless was def thought to be cancer)

Does anyone else have something that sounds a bit like a lumpy type nodule on a tonsil that is about 3 times the size of the other side? My docs said one tonsil bigger than the other can be normal but does the nodule combined with the bigger tonsil sound sinister? It does look the same colour as the rest of the tonsil, do cysts get very slowly bigger over time perhaps?