PDA

View Full Version : its the physical things!

jonnyf
25-07-11, 12:43
Hello again!
I'd like to say I've been ok for a while but when I reflect I don't really think that's the case. Last noticable bad time was before xmas last year and slowly felt better into the first few months of the year.
As usual little life stressors mount up and I began feeling less comfortable in situations and lacked the ability to cope. I was getting overly stressed/frustrated with little things and caused me some depersonalization which seems to be my major problem these days. I had a panic episode while out in the car with friends and that was just over a month ago. I was a little wary about going out with friends for a few weeks but was slowly getting back out and more comfortable until..
Last tuesday afternoon at work. Quite relaxed not long left till hometime. I got a weird vision problem that seemd like a cludyness in my left side peripheral. I panicced and came home to bed feeling very odd. Fell asleep for an hour and woke up with a very bad headache. Obviously it seems like it was a migraine and I just slept it off.. Next day woke up feeling wooozy and didn't go to work. That niught felt very paniccy and my left eye started twitching and feeling as if theree was something in it. Every day since I've felt more sympptoms. Dizziness vertigo visual disturbance. My eye still twitches and feels weird and I can't relax. Aslo can't go to work as I feel anxious about it.
Sorry for the essay. Just needed to get it off my chest
Thanks x

M155anthr0p3
25-07-11, 14:15
Hi Johnnyf,

Sorry to hear you feel so awful.
Headaches, dizziness & visual disturbances are all symptoms of anxiety but have you been to the opticians lately? I know it sounds silly but I used to get this (along with anxiety symptoms) & it turned out I needed glasses.
Might be worth having your eyes checked out either way.

Emily xxx

jonnyf
25-07-11, 15:53
Thanks for the reply.
Funnily enough I went today. And got the same diagnosis as last year. Very very slight astigmatism and slightly shortsighted but not even enough for a prescription. She did offer me some glasses for reading and watching television etc as she presumed I was quite picky- haha good term for being anxious. But I've no idea what style etc so I ddint get any.

She did tell me that the eye twitching is down to tiredness. But I've not been to work since last tuesday. And have spent the majority of the time relaxing so I can't see how that would be the case.

I feel like I know as soon as I get back to work and back to normal I'll feel better but that feels so difficult as my last panic attack was due to my vision feeling funny. And it was while I was at work.

I wasn't offered any explanation as to why I felt strange visual disturbances in my peripheral vision though but she had a look at the back of both eyes and said they look healthy.

I may go for a peace of mind checkup at the doctors tomorrow and also ask for a referral for some NHS therapy