PDA

View Full Version : Periods suddenly lighter and almost pain free

Cat80
25-07-11, 12:59
Since I started my periods at the age of 12 they have been really heavy and excrutiating pain that even cocodomol didn't touch for the first 2-3 days of the month. I went on the pill 3-4 years ago as my periods were not getting any better and I never knew when they were coming as it could be anywhere from the 28 days to 35 days. I am on Loestrin 30. Straight away my periods went regular and lighter.

Now though over the last 6 months they have suddenly gone almost pain free, sometimes get pain just before I start but when I start hardly any pain or none. My periods have gone lighter too and have finished by the time I start my pill again. By day 3 it's gone to just spotting. I am 31 and just worried as to what could be happening to make them lighter?

I get stabbing pains in my right ovary all month around, sometimes really painful. I was thinking a cyst but this would make my periods heavier and more painful. I bought a menopause test and that was normal so not sure what is going? I am happy they are almost pain free and lighter but just a tad concerned as to why after 4 years on the pill?

suzy-sue
25-07-11, 13:15
It sometimes happens .Hormones are constantly changing .Bain of my life :lac:..At least its for the better this time .I wouldnt be concerned .Have a word with the practice nurse or the Dr to reassure yourself .T/c Sue x

kah
25-07-11, 20:19
Hi there,

I'm in exactly the same position as you. My periods have always been a bit unpredictable since having my 2 daughters, they never come on time and are usually at least 2-3 weeks late.
They have gone from being fairly heavy to light and only last a couple of days then just spotting for a day or two. Also like you I have a lot of pain in the ovary area on and off all month. I had an ultrasound last year which was fine so I guess it is just hormones. If you are worried though it wouldn't hurt to mention it to the nurse or doctor.

Kerri-anne xx