PDA

View Full Version : Just been told my 2 year old has a Heart Murmur and Hernia

xtremx
25-07-11, 15:37
Hi, my wife took our 2 year old down to the docs 2day and has comeback and told me first off she has a hernia (we noticed a lump on her belly been their since she was born but was told it was nothing) so my daughter has to go back to the doc again in a few months time for that.

But my wife was considering not telling me that the doc also pointed out that she has a possible heart murmur and she is 2 go back and see the doc in 4 weeks so he can listern again.

Has anyone else had dealings with this sort of thing with a child to help put my mind a rest as still tryin to deal with my anxiety and panic attacks also things that are happening to my own body.

As at the moment I nolonger see a CBT as my doc whats to reffer me to a psychotherapist and discuss possible meds.

london
25-07-11, 15:51
i was told i had a heart murmurat 21
now 43 i take no meds or nothing for it
and i have had a busy life dont worry its not as bad as it sounds
god bless

lizzie29
25-07-11, 16:29
I was also told at around 20 that I have a heart murmur, had an ECG and heart scan and they said it was nothing to worry about. Don't have to take tablets or anything for it and it doesn't affect me.

clairabella
25-07-11, 16:35
My son as a heart murmur and also situs inversus with dextrocardia(which means is heart is on the right side instead of the left) he was diagnosed when he was 4yrs..he had a scan and everything was fine..no meds or anything.Most heart murmurs are harmless and its just an extra sound thats heard when the heart beats..im sure all will be well!!