PDA

View Full Version : Ive had enough!

katiep
25-07-11, 22:18
So sorry to be back again, having a really tough time with family troubles, so anxiety cant get a chance to settle down.

my worry is this, i have regular periods every 25 days, last one was 8th july for 6 days, which again is normal, i ovulated on 21st july which again is relatively normal as im due again on or around 2nd august, i do also get some cramps at times and some breast aches, this month i have also got achy nipples, i dont know quite how to describe this and apologies if i give too much info but im worried... the feelings i get in nipple is its kinda hard and feels burny.. tingly and then goes soft again and goes away, the achy feeling comes and goes and i have had it since saturday night... today i had it on and off and feels like its coming in waves, my sister says its defo hormonal as she has had it many times before i think i had this years ago but im not 100% sure... if anyone can help i would appreciate it as im petrified its breast cancer x

countrygirl
25-07-11, 22:29
Until I became menopausal I could have really painful breast ( it ony ever affected my left one!) that could last anything from a day to a week. It would be very painful whenever I joggled my breast and my nipple would ache. I don't know how to day this without getting all :blush::blush::blush: but you can ease the pain in the nipple if it is sucked on. I also found that my breasts would suddenly stop hurting 24 hrs before my period started.

Remember breast pain is hardly ever a sign of breast cancer.

I don't know how old you are but in the few years before I became menopausal my breast pain got much much worse and could last up to 2 weeks at a time.

katiep
25-07-11, 22:50
Until I became menopausal I could have really painful breast ( it ony ever affected my left one!) that could last anything from a day to a week. It would be very painful whenever I joggled my breast and my nipple would ache. I don't know how to day this without getting all :blush::blush::blush: but you can ease the pain in the nipple if it is sucked on. I also found that my breasts would suddenly stop hurting 24 hrs before my period started.

Remember breast pain is hardly ever a sign of breast cancer.

I don't know how old you are but in the few years before I became menopausal my breast pain got much much worse and could last up to 2 weeks at a time.

Hi
thanks for replying to me, im 41 so guess it could be about time for the change etc, i suppose i have had achy boobs from time to time but worried as much because the sensation on my right nipple is more noticible , and i just wanted to see if anyone else can identify with it.. thanks again for taking the time to answer me xx

pinkpiglet
26-07-11, 01:49
I too would suggest that these symptoms are hormonal but I would also be tempted to mention it to your GP as he will be able to reassure you easier than we can. he may also be able to prescribe something for you, its wonderful what the medical world as to offer to slow down them menapause. :)