PDA

View Full Version : ive taken the plunge

raverminx
26-07-11, 12:01
after lots of thinking ive decided to give the tablets a go. i took my first one last night 25mg. within a few hours i felt sick and dizzy so went to bed, slept fine.
Today im feeling very tired, no motervation, no appitite (which is usual for me anyway) banging headache and very shakey hands. i have some propanolo will that help with the shaky hands? i have 40mg, maybe i should just have half as im feeling very tired as it is!

please tell me these symptoms wont last long. my son breaks up for the summer holidays today and i cant deal with feeling like this for too long, it wouldnt be fair on him :weep:

oh and forgot to say i now have a very dry mouth, i guess that isnt a bad thing as i dont drink enough as it is and this is a perfect excuse to drink more!

Ingenious
26-07-11, 16:19
Well done for starting, this is the first step towards you getting better. Side effects like you are having are common and will gradually subside as time goes on. So you just need to hang in there, take it one day at a time, and accept you might feel a little fragile to start with.

raverminx
26-07-11, 17:21
Well done for starting, this is the first step towards you getting better. Side effects like you are having are common and will gradually subside as time goes on. So you just need to hang in there, take it one day at a time, and accept you might feel a little fragile to start with.

i really hope this doesnt last long, a week i can probably deal with, but anything longer and i might have to stop. i just want my life back, i hate being bipolar and the stupid depression that comes with it. i havent had depression and anxiety for 18 months now, and now suddenly its reared its ugly head again.

Tyke
27-07-11, 04:31
Hi Raverminx

The side effects can be tough to begin with, but should start to wear off as your body gets used to the tablets. The Propranolol should help with the shakes, I was taking them too. I know it isn't pleasant at first, but I am very well again now thanks to taking Sertraline and am side effect free after having just about every bad effect listed!

Tyke :)

raverminx
27-07-11, 10:41
Hi Raverminx

The side effects can be tough to begin with, but should start to wear off as your body gets used to the tablets. The Propranolol should help with the shakes, I was taking them too. I know it isn't pleasant at first, but I am very well again now thanks to taking Sertraline and am side effect free after having just about every bad effect listed!

Tyke :)

how long did the side effects last for you? yesterday was terrible for me, had one of the worst panic attacks ive had in a very long time and kept crying and that was just after one tablet! today i seem ok, very foggy head though. feeling slightly anxious so i might take a valium to calm me down as my son will be coming home in a bit and i need to go to the shop. ive no food in and havent eaten since yesterday morning and even that was a struggle.

Tyke
28-07-11, 02:25
I had side effects for around four weeks. I felt much better five weeks in and couldn't believe how well my body adjusted.

raverminx
28-07-11, 14:02
sorry im going to make this my kinda diary hope no one minds but could help others too?

day 3: still on 25mg not much sleep, woke up early (very unusual for me) and couldnt get back off so got up instead.
jaw is clenching today and still bit head foggy and a dull headache. slightly anxious, mood feels slightly better. not feeling sick or dizzy anymore, but a bit light headed which is probably due to not eating. i havent had an upset tummy like many others have, which is a shame as i havent been able to go for a week (this is a common thing for me)
i managed to leave the house yesterday but with the aid of a valium. still feeling drowsey but not tired if that makes sense!
oh forgot to mention feeling quite agitated like i want to do something but my body feels heavy and wont do anything!

raverminx
30-07-11, 12:15
day 5: feeling great, anxiety still slightly there so still having to use valium if i go out. yesterday i went out shopping and even round a friends house. if any thing i felt rather hyper. appitie is slowly returning but have lost 4lb since monday probably due to not eating.

is is possible that its working so soon for me? i do suffer from bipolar disorder and am on a mood stabilser, which i think i read somewhere that can make antidepressants work a lot quicker ?