PDA

View Full Version : Zoloft/Sertaline with clonazepam.

ms
26-07-11, 12:05
Hi to all,

I am in now sertaline 50mg day 25. I started first week with 25mg and second week increased 50mg. I am using this at night bed time. Before starting this medication I have anxiety and depression. My docs advised to me go this sertaline. Once started this medication my anxiety levels are high but I know it’s part of side effects.

My doctor also advised to me take clonazepam 25mg if you have more anxiety. I tried with take clonazepam 25 mg it seems working on anxiety and query about why sertaline not working on anxiety immediately and instead of working giving more anxiety?

I would like to know is there anybody had same experience using Sertaline with clonazepam.

Regards,
ms

raverminx
26-07-11, 12:45
i think the clonazepam is to help with the increased anxiety until the sertaline starts to work.

I have a stock full of diazepam on hand for when and if my anxiety becomes worse during the start up effect of sertaline. My problem is that i have a tolerance to diazepam and am slightly addicted to them. its mind over matter for me, i wont go out of the house unless i take a diazepam, even though i probably could go out and not have a panic attack, but i dont give it a chance as in my mind if i go out i will have a panic attack but in reality i probably wouldnt.

my doctor has discontinued my diazepam so i buy them of the internet which i know is bad and my doctor is aware that i buy them else where but she doesnt seem to care.

For me i think i will know when the sertaline starts to work, as i dont take diazipam when im at home and alone as i can control it. i still do feel a bit anxious but since im at home i know that nothing bad will happen.

Good luck

MintyFresh
26-07-11, 17:11
Hi to all,

I am in now sertaline 50mg day 25. I started first week with 25mg and second week increased 50mg. I am using this at night bed time. Before starting this medication I have anxiety and depression. My docs advised to me go this sertaline. Once started this medication my anxiety levels are high but I know it’s part of side effects.

My doctor also advised to me take clonazepam 25mg if you have more anxiety. I tried with take clonazepam 25 mg it seems working on anxiety and query about why sertaline not working on anxiety immediately and instead of working giving more anxiety?

I would like to know is there anybody had same experience using Sertaline with clonazepam.

Regards,
ms

I started on 25mg of sertraline for the the first week and then have been on 50mg's ever since and my anxiety went through the roof too but after about 8 weeks or so all's looking good.

My doctor also gave me clonazepam but I didn't take it. Are you sure you've got 25mg of clonazepam to take? That sounds very high for that med'.

raverminx
26-07-11, 17:24
I started on 25mg of sertraline for the the first week and then have been on 50mg's ever since and my anxiety went through the roof too but after about 8 weeks or so all's looking good.

My doctor also gave me clonazepam but I didn't take it. Are you sure you've got 25mg of clonazepam to take? That sounds very high for that med'.

8 weeks of anxiety? i have had it for a few weeks now, theres no way im gonna stick with this med if it makes the anxiety worse before it gets better. ill end up in hospital again if so :(

MintyFresh
26-07-11, 20:13
8 weeks of anxiety? i have had it for a few weeks now, theres no way im gonna stick with this med if it makes the anxiety worse before it gets better. ill end up in hospital again if so :(

I would say that it was more like 3 or 4 weeks of amplified anxiety and then about 8 weeks to start fully feeling decent benefits.

It wasn't that bad. I didn't take one clonazepam and also didn't miss one day off workl.

raverminx
26-07-11, 22:58
I would say that it was more like 3 or 4 weeks of amplified anxiety and then about 8 weeks to start fully feeling decent benefits.

It wasn't that bad. I didn't take one clonazepam and also didn't miss one day off workl.

i took my first tablet last night and today my anxiety was the worse than its been in a long time and that was on day 1 so to speak! i couldnt leave the house today, it was that bad. hopefully tomorrow wont be so bad.

ms
27-07-11, 06:58
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. I am looking more inputs from you.

Sorry to say it was typo mistake my doc advised to take clonazepam 0.50/0.25 mg and not 25mg. Pls give me your inputs on this.

Regards,
ms