PDA

View Full Version : headache for 2 weeks

sarah_85
26-07-11, 21:21
Hi,
I have posted a few times over the past few days cause I have this headache that just wont shift. It's been going on for 2 weeks now, and it's never gone. It doesn't feel excruciatingly painful, but like pressure, but really strong, uncomfortable pressure. Also been getting loads of visual floaters and I don't like the bright light.
The GP wasn't concerned a week ago and I dont wanna go back and pester him. I have stopped taking painkillers a week ago for fear that they might be causing the headaches. I am just so so worried that it's a brain tumour. My boyfriend thinks I'm overreacting and maybe I am. But I just dunno what else to do. Sometimes even when I calm down about it and am happy that it's nothing serious, it is STILL there. I can't live like this, it's just tearing me apart. I can't spend every waking moment worrying that I might drop dead soon. But I just can't get any relief from this damn headache. It's making me miserable and it's come at a bad time. I'm working full time and my dissertation is due in in a few weeks.
I just have trouble believing that stress/anxiety can cause such a severe symptom. xx

M155anthr0p3
27-07-11, 14:40
Hi Sarah,

I have had headaches for weeks on end & it is caused by tension. I wouldn't normally say this as I am opposed to Dr Google but look up the symptoms for Tension headache & I bet you will fit all of them! Pressure & a tight band around your head.

Like you say you are working full time & your dissertation is due so it's no wonder you feel stressed. Try to remember that it is a stress headache & the less you concentrate on it the symptoms will ease.

Good luck!

Emily xxx