PDA

View Full Version : Anyone about?

MardyBum
26-07-11, 22:22
All day I've had a tight chest but didn't feel panicy as such. Past hour I started feeling like I couldn't get my breath, shaking and like my throats tight :( my hearts thumping and I feel sick :( also had to run to the loo and feeling hot and cold... Now sat shaking and freezing cold with dry throat/mouth

WTF is this a panic attack and how do I control it. I never get this bad ever I feel like I'm dying :(

Came on here to try and calm myself and the hope someone wi be her to chat to

MardyBum
26-07-11, 23:25
That's 3 I've had in the past hour and a half! I get a moment when it passes and then it comes back and I feel like I'm going to have the runs and all the symptoms
I have listed above. I've never had them like this before last time I only panicked when I left the house I cant cope with feeling lime this :( x

miss_moose
27-07-11, 00:00
Ok, have you got a hot water bottle in the house? If you have, try and make yourself one, it will help to ease the pain of your chest and tummy, and all your other aches and pains.

Get a drink or 2, When i'm bad I have 2 drinks with me just so I dont have to move again.

Open your windows, get some fresh air in, and put a fan on if you have one.

Get really comfy, in bed if possible, put the tv on or a good easy to watch dvd, nothing dramatised or boring, smething lighthearted.
If you've got any magazines, books, gather your favorutes together and read, it doesn't matter what it's about (When I had my first panic attack I picked up an old magazine and read about Gareth Gates in Smash hits, until I stopped hyerventelating).

Puzzles are good, so if you have any books, newspapers with puzzles in do that, play games on your phone or computer, something like simple word games, I play Hangaroo as it's light and fun but also gives me something to think about.

The key is distraction, some people say ride the panic out, I can;t do that, so i use distraction to get me through it which is why books and magazines are a must for me.

And take deep breaths, breathe into a paperbag if you have one as it will help you to concentrate on your breathing.
Hope that helps, take care xxx

blue moon
27-07-11, 00:07
BREATH,it sound like panic attack,concentrate on your breathing that very important.
You will be OK.
Love Petra x:flowers:

MardyBum
27-07-11, 09:27
Thankyou :) I ended up downloading a panic app onto my phone and following the steps on that but then went to bed. I never get panic like that which is why it scared me so much, my attacks are never pan out like that and over and over again... I was just watching tv so don't know what set it off?! :( my Chest still hurts this morning is that normal? :( got my son to take care of and I just wanna sleep :( feel exhausted xx

miss_moose
27-07-11, 10:45
Chest hurting after panic is normal, scary, but normal. My other half has to try and rationalise it for me when i'm panicking about it by telling me it's because i've been tensing all my chest muscles so they ache after, sometmes for days.

And feeling exhausted after a panic attack (or 3) is completely normal too, they wear you out xx

MardyBum
27-07-11, 11:24
thanks hun, had a terrible morning so been on chat where Mandy calmed me down again (thanks hun) my other half doesnt understand so struggles to know what to do with me :( just kept telling me to go and get some fresh air but i was scared to stand up incase I passed out :( x

miss_moose
27-07-11, 11:39
Fresh air will help, if you can manage it, I sometimes just have a little walk round the block with my partner, clinging on to him, or we go out in the car so I can have the windows down and get fresh air blowing in.
Maybe try some orange juice and a few squares of chocolate too to help you feel refreshed and abit more "perky"
x

MardyBum
27-07-11, 12:13
It must really help to have your other half understand... Mine wants to just struggles I think which I cant blame him cause ya wouldnt believe it yourself unless you felt this way or had hands on experience of it!

This has really knocked me back as I was doing soo well. I just cant work out what started it as normally its just when im out and about I get like that and never so much the breathing more feeling faint and out of it :(

May80
04-08-11, 22:06
Hi guys iv only just joined site so new to all this 
Iv had panic attacks since I was around 10 years old I'm now 31 so it's been along time when I was young I just thought I was different as my mum couldn't cope with them when it was happening so it was brushed under the carpet at the age of secondary school I tried to over dose as I couldn't cope with it anymore that was when I realised what these episodes were I have grown with them but every panic is different it's never the same it's awfall I went onto medication when I had my daughter when I was 21 as my hormones set the attacks of big time my daughter is now 10 and I'm only now trying to ween of citalopram as it no longer has affect on me as my body is amune to it and the panic is coming back fast and often I still can't cope when they come on and I feel the need to run or just move around as I feel like my body is going to explode I find putting head out the window for a while or sitting in front of my fan helps me to breath a bit better but after iv had a p/a it takes me days to get my body back to normal like eating sleeping concentrating I really could go on for ever so I betta stop there
I have now downloaded some breathing apps on my phone which our brilliant for nite time hope this has helped 