PDA

View Full Version : freaking outtttt

luckyme
27-07-11, 05:10
ok so i have insomnia and it is very hard for me to go to sleep at night. i tried a lot of different meds and nothing worked. i started taking melatonin and i have been for a longgg time. i was reading that you can get an auto immune problem on google and im freaking out :weep:

diane07
27-07-11, 07:49
I can't really answer to meds as i don't use them, however, i don't think you're doc would prescribe a med if he/she thought it would harm you, i'd pop and talk to your doc and get your mind put at rest, the worst thing to do is to google it, i'm sure if you typed in any form of medicine it always brings up the worst side effects to it.

Easier said than done but try not to worry, speak with your doc if you can.

Give this thread a bit of time as there may be someone else on this med who can reply to you.

di xx

luckyme
27-07-11, 13:32
it is not prescribed it is herble yuoubuy it in gnc

Liliana83
27-07-11, 19:00
Ah yes melatonin..I have issues with insomnia as well..personally those pills didn't help me with it and am on Trazodone currently for the past year and a half..which works for me. Melatonin is pretty safe..and doctors recommend it first to patients. Considering you can pick it up at a Vitamin store I am pretty certain it's okay to take.

I've learned from a health scare earlier this year to stop googling information on the internet..if you really are worried call your doctor or pharmacist and perhaps they could give you any info or insight you need.

luckyme
27-07-11, 23:01
thank you lilian. it is frustrating having anxiety and the only time when you can just relax its bed time and whe you have insomnia its like you living a nightmare

Liliana83
28-07-11, 15:17
You're welcome. Try a vigorous workout 3 hours prior to bedtime that way your body will be slowly but surely be physically tired before then (I recently joined a gym and am doing this 4 times a week). A relaxing bubble bath with calming bath salts..calm your mind and try not to think so much in bed. I have the issue of having my mind race about pointless mundane things. Someone told me before think of a black wall..let your mind wind down and it worked for me! Yes, I do take meds for my insomnia but have noticed the times I don't take them I practice those things and yes it takes a while for me to fall asleep but I eventually do. Also, perhaps starting a journal and writing in it about thoughts or daily activities could be of some help for your mind..I have a friend that does this. Hope things look up for ya! :flowers: