PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety worse now older

littlemissshy
27-07-11, 14:33
I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember which seems to have gotten progressively worse the older I get. For the most part all of my anxiety seem to centre around work/school. I still have my report from school over 20 years ago in which one of the teachers says "Very shy and lacking in confidence but this will disappear in time"
Well all of that has turned into anxiety and its certainly worse than even 10 years ago. My worry is I won't be able to function at all in another 10 years. The only time my anxiety is manageable is when i'm at home alone. But this is probably making my social anxiety worse.
I just live with fear 90% of the time surrounded my confident people.
I'm turning 40 next year and the thought of keep living with this is just awful.

looking4answers
27-07-11, 21:31
Im 56 going on 57 and yes its very hard. I never thought I would carry it on until my age but I have and its not fun.

JohnBliss
27-07-11, 22:30
Hi there
I've suffered from anxiety for as long as I can remember and like you I felt it was getting worse as I got older but I reached a point where it was so bad I just stopped fighting it and accepted this was the way it was and told it to do its worst- I just didn't care anymore . Since I've accepted it the anxiety is much less-it's still there but I just don't let it bother me anymore
Hope you find something that works for you
Best Wishes
John

Carrera74
28-07-11, 07:41
I'm the same. Been like this for as long as I can remember and I'm at my worst. Feel like I've reached my anxiety peak. Have you considered medication? I don't see any other way now as its making me depressed.