PDA

View Full Version : Just rang doctors about panic attacks/terrified

miss_moose
27-07-11, 15:33
I've been suffering with Panic attacks/agoraphobia/people phobia for 10 years. And i've just rung to doctor to ask for help, i'm waiting for a call back.

I'm crying, shaking and physically sick with panic, i dont know what to expect.
I'm too agoraphobic and people phobic (and sick) to go into the surgery, i get sick just speaking on the phone, i'm frightend they'll make me go into the sugery, or that she'll want to come out and see me.

I just want to speak on the phone and her possible perscribe something that my partner can pick up from the chemist.

Is that likely?

I'm terrified of going on tablets, having therapy because of my people phobia,i'm terrified i'll be put into a mental hospital.

Please any reassurace would be greatful

M155anthr0p3
27-07-11, 15:42
Hi Miss moose,

They can't make/force you to go to surgery. The doctor will most likely have a chat with you over the phone & ask what your symptoms are. I am not sure they will prescribe over the phone though, you usually have to be seen before they will do that.

You won't be put into a mental hospital. I can tell by your post that you're completely sane! You're just suffering at the moment.

Good luck with the call, I hope the doc can put your mind at rest & hope you feel better.

Emily xxx

snowgoose
27-07-11, 15:45
oh sweetheart .so feel for you :hugs:
now listen up ok ? .you get your breathing under control as you know how .........deep from the abdomen through your nose .........and slowly out from your mouth for longer . thats it ..............deep and slow .

got some water to sip ? .concentrate on the feel of that cool water going down your throat ....lovely and cold . good lass xx

now your doctor may want to visit ...........we dont know that yet ...but they are on your side Miss moose ..want to care for you ........do what is best .

You need help to overcome this awful illness ...........you are not alone in this ....so many of us here who care about you . But your doctor knows the best way how ......so dont be scared if the doc wants to come and see you .
I doubt if they would admit you to hospital sweetheart .
you just need some help hun . and it will make life so much easier for you .

dont fret ..........do your breathing and if you can open window and sniff the fresh air . you will be alright Miss Moose promise x:hugs:

xxxx

ElizabethJane
27-07-11, 18:23
Dear Miss Moose are your symptoms much worse because you are planning your wedding? EJ