PDA

View Full Version : holiday!

-LaurenBrown
27-07-11, 19:09
going on holiday in 3 weeks first holiday away with just my friends! but anxious because the last time i was on holiday in april was when my anxiety started. Went and got rescue remedy so hopefully it will keep me calm! any other tips would be much appreciated. I just want to enjoy myself :)
Thanks x

Cat80
27-07-11, 20:31
Try not to worry. I suffer from depression and anxiety. I am 31 and last month I went on my first ever holiday after I won my dream holiday in a competition so I couldn't not go as it was free. I spent 4 days in New York in summer and had the best time. I was so anxious in the lead up esp as first time on a plane and it was 8 hours each way but once I got going I was ok, didn't get any anxiety while I was away at all.

You will be fine, just go and have a great time and plan what you want to do so you are even more excited :)

-LaurenBrown
28-07-11, 19:41
thanks for the advice :) im only 17 so i know my mums a bit worried as well, think its just the fact this happened on my last holiday, too much alcohol lol! so i know i just have too keep calm and not drink as much maby a wee break is what im needing
thanks again x

julieannboo
29-07-11, 12:15
going on holiday in 3 weeks first holiday away with just my friends! but anxious because the last time i was on holiday in april was when my anxiety started. Went and got rescue remedy so hopefully it will keep me calm! any other tips would be much appreciated. I just want to enjoy myself :)
Thanks x

have fun.

i went on holiday in may and i wasn't as anxious as i am in everyday life. just shows you when it comes to anxiety distraction really does work.

-LaurenBrown
29-07-11, 18:21
thank you :) when i am distracted it helps lots! so hopefully i will be fine :D