PDA

View Full Version : Back again - please help

nhf
27-07-11, 20:04
So last tuesday i went to see my DR about my continuing headaches and little vertigo attacks. He sent me to hospital and they admited me. The hospital wanted me to have an MRI of the brain as a precaution but they were 99% sure its to do with the inner ear. MRI was clear! yay :)

The MRI was monday but on Sunday i had a panic attack and the day of the MRI i had very low BP which left me feeling like i was going to faint all day (im afraid of fainthing). Anyway the hospital released me today (Wed) with an outpatient apointment to see the ENT in two weeks.

Since getting home a couple of hours ago i cant seem to get my anxiety in check - i feel like im on the edge of a panic attack. I just feel sooooo nervous like i could cry or colapse any moment. Ive tried to distract myself, tried laying down, watching tv etc but nothing seems to be working.

Not sure if its the first time i have been alone in a week without medical staff around.

I hate anxiety and panic attacks - i feel like a nervous wreck right now :weep::weep::weep::weep:

kt79
27-07-11, 20:53
Sorry to hear your panicky. Its a horrible feeling i know to well. How about going for a really long walk. It will get you out the house and will give you some fresh air. It normally works for me.:)

FeatherHead
27-07-11, 21:00
Hi nhf, Do you think the panic attacks could be aftershock from all the worrying before your scan. I find that after a trauma I'm always worse and the most terrible symptoms when everything is okay.

snowgoose
27-07-11, 21:01
hi:)

you have been through a very anxious time being in hospital and having mri etc ....well out of your comfort zone ...........no wonder you are jittery .

you just need time to calm down my love ..........the mri was clear [which is the main test done ] ...........nothing horrid going on in your body .

have a lovely warm bath and nice drink .............go to bed tonight and hug your pillow and relax .

it has been a very stressful time .......but you are ok . :hugs::hugs:

nhf
27-07-11, 21:18
Thank you all very much for your replies!! i really appreciate it

The crazy thing is - i was less anxious in hospital as i kept thinking at least im around trained professionals that will know what to do if im ill. Now im home on my own again (i live alone at the moment) im back to worrying again!! even tho i've had the all clear health wise its the thought of having another panic attack that scares me most - not being ill. Its the horrible physical sensations that come along with them... the shaking etc.. its like im on edge waiting for the next one (the one sunday was pretty intence!) i cant seem to get them out of my mind - i was doing so well too! its just so frustrating. Hopefully a good nights sleep will help me (if the dam kids outside would stop riding past on their scooters!! grrr)

Thanks again all - feeling a little calmer - looking forward to the day i can be rid of these panics/anxiety or at least have better control over it!!! xxxx

snowgoose
27-07-11, 21:25
can well understand that nhf

remember the chat room and this forum doesnt close if you need company ... and the samaritans are always 24/7 on the phone .

have you got anyone on standby to support you ?
hope you sleep so well tonight xxxx

you need it and deserve it :hugs:

nhf
27-07-11, 22:05
can well understand that nhf

remember the chat room and this forum doesnt close if you need company ... and the samaritans are always 24/7 on the phone .

have you got anyone on standby to support you ?
hope you sleep so well tonight xxxx

you need it and deserve it :hugs:
Thankyou Snowgoose :hugs:

Unfortunatly my family all moved away from the area and are now 165 miles away but they are always at the end of the phone day or night. They have been visiting me in the hospital. I do have lots of friends around me who have been amazing as well as my work place who have also been very understanding.

I've always been a very independant person that rarely needed help with anything - since my first panic attack in February i feel like i've become a needy, insecure crazy person!!

I will def start making use of the chat x

Thanks again :flowers:

nhf
28-07-11, 11:40
Well i managed to get to sleep last night. Went to the Dr this morning to give him the letter from the hospital. Spoke to him about my sponanious panic attacks and he insists they cannot be spontanious and there MUST be a reason...... There have been no significant changes in my life other than having to buy a new car. I just dont understand where they have come from.

Dr has signed me off work for two weeks and told me to rest. The thing is i feel like this is not going to be good for me. I am already struggling with these panic attacks - not wanting to go places (even to the local shop) and i'm worried this is going to make me worse.

I am seeing a counsellor for the panic attacks and anxiety but i dont feel like they are going away. (Maybe this is just a reaction to being in the hospital)

My doctor keeps telling me i need to meditate and will not prescribe tablets of any kind.

I just dont know what to do anymore, i feel like i cant continue like this, i was such an independant confident person before this and now i feel like a quivering wreck!! Im so close to tears and just dont know what to do - ive taken some Kalms this morning but they just dont feel like they are kicking in. I just want to be like my old self again :weep:

Sorry to rant - i just feel like i need to get it all out

paula lynne
29-07-11, 21:40
Hi, again! :)
You are in the process of moving house, yes? Well, the increased anxiety could be a reaction (albeit subconcious) to that......its well documented that moving house is hugely stressful, even if it seems exciting at the time. Im sure that once youre settled into your new home Nadine, you will start to feel better. Hope you manage to get back to a normal sleep pattern soon, try warm milk! (us nurses know a thing or 2...thats why we offer it to patients before bed...contains tryptophans...sleep inducing hormone!:winks:) Best wishes, Paula x

nhf
29-07-11, 21:58
Hi, again! :)
You are in the process of moving house, yes? Well, the increased anxiety could be a reaction (albeit subconcious) to that......its well documented that moving house is hugely stressful, even if it seems exciting at the time. Im sure that once youre settled into your new home Nadine, you will start to feel better. Hope you manage to get back to a normal sleep pattern soon, try warm milk! (us nurses know a thing or 2...thats why we offer it to patients before bed...contains tryptophans...sleep inducing hormone!:winks:) Best wishes, Paula x

Hi!! :)

Thanks again Paula - hoping once my move is complete i will settle down again. Off to get my glass of milk before bed now :yesyes:

Nadine x