PDA

View Full Version : DP/DR lifting but brain fog lingering?

Rhys1879SAFC
27-07-11, 23:09
Hi all.

I have been suffering with depersonalization/derealization for almost 6 months now but recently it seems to be wearing off slightly, I'd say I'm at about 90% normality now after I was seriously zoned out in February where I found it hard to even function, its my main and most distressing symptom.

The thing is, although the DP/DR (mostly DR) seems to be going away the brain fog which accompanies it doesn't seem to be?

Its horrible, I find it hard to even remember what people look like sometimes, my memory is shot to hell and its really weird. :(

Anyone had something similar?

Mirabelle
27-07-11, 23:43
Hi
I had the same thing. The brain fog seems to last for ever. I get the memory freeze and the difficulty concentrating. It is very frustrating.
Hope you feel better soon
X

phil06
01-08-11, 12:49
Yes this sounds very much like what I've dealt with.
I get thoughts like maybe I'll forget how to look after myself like to sleep and shower and go crazy.

From what I gather depersonlization is the intense feeling of unreality usually comes with a panic attack. Derealization is a brain fog feeling everything seems a little off i find it can linger for days or perhaps it will be a few hours and pass.

Now easier said than done but the only known cure is rest and stop reading books on it. Some people get this briefly in there conditon but like myself I found it became a bit ofma disorder but it's not good tag it that way as what's actually happening is you are just giving symptom too much attention. Wheather it's an ache or pain or thought it's easy to get caught up in a ritual of worry.

Treat the anxiety not the symptom and it goes. :)